[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /lit/ hate this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Sigmund-Freud.jpg (79 KB, 736x905) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund-Freud.jpg
79 KB, 736x905
Why does /lit/ hate this guy?
>>
>>7775191
Nabokov and Bloom.
>>
They're morons who parrot STEMLORDS who need proof.
>>
>>7775192
>>7775196
/thread
even psychoanalysis has moved past him but reading Interpretation first hand is mindblowing
>>
they're all nonbinary jungian snowflakes or coked out stirnerists who are going to fuck anything nearby.
>>
because they're all uncultured enough to not recognize him and to trust the image name
>>
>>7775238
BTFO
>>
Balzac or Victor Hugo. Hes the Monte Carlo guy
>>
>>7775251
ballsack and dumbass
>>
>>7775251

It's Hugo. Freud had a bigger ballsack, so he'd have a bigger bulge.
>>
I read Hugo in French and I fucking hate him, yeah. It's preachy, pre-Third Republic bullshit, and for those you who don't know what the Third Republic was, imagine a regime constantly talking about "values" (progressive ones of course), all proper on the outside, with its schools, the little boys in uniforms singing the hymn, its neat little army, its proper statesmen... And that is actually corrupt beyond any redemption behind closed doors.

There's nothing interesting, no savor in Victor Hugo, his less benign and hypocritical contemporaries held him in contempt (Balzac, Baudelaire, Stendhal), and righteously so too.
>>
I had a grand time on the psych ward with a psychotherapist who strongly believed in Freudian principles. It was utter bullshit, and he spun the dream I told him I had about a whale into some mother-issue spiel. I eventually started ducking out on my psychotherapy sessions because it was such a phenomenal waste of time and they had me on so much antipsychotic medication that I spent that hour having a very nice nap instead.

Anyway. It's a personal grief issue for me more than anything.
>>
>>7775238
It doesn't look like Freud at all. While this doesn't disprove anything, I made a very similar thread before where I posted a picture of Norman Mailer and named it Tolkien, and people talked about Tolkien instead of Mailer.
Another occurrence may suggest what you say is correct, but it feels more like people have no idea what you want to actually talk about.
>>
File: Freudulent.jpg (195 KB, 868x1024) Image search: [Google]
Freudulent.jpg
195 KB, 868x1024
>>7775191

This man is an imposter.
>>
>>7775191
Because most pop psychology, which annoys a lot of people, is bastardized versions of his work, and also 'muh empiricism'.
>>
>>7775191
Thought that was Jules Verne. I thought this was going to be a why do we hate jules verne thread.
>>
>>7776874

I would be outraged at hate directed at Jules Verne. He was great and tremendously influential. His contemporary H.G. Wells is overrated though.
Having said that, I now fully expect to see a contrarian Jules Verne hate thread here, along with the need for a Why Do We Hate Him defense.
>>
>>7775518
Your completely right.

As a French, at School, Victor Hugo is always described as one of the best Writer, philosopher... Blablabla...

So, I tried to read " Les miserables "... And... I never see a book so "preachy ", so Third republicans, without any fucking depth.

A rich man that talk about the poor, a feminist that loves the women that raped and fuck woman in marriage...
>>
>>7775518
>>7777092
You should maybe try to read his good books (i.e. his poetry)
>>
>>7777123
Don't talk about his poetry and talent of writting.

Talk about the sense and the politic of Hugo
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.