[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best music to listen to while reading Dune?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: pic279251.jpg (3 MB, 1684x2309) Image search: [Google]
pic279251.jpg
3 MB, 1684x2309
Whats the best music to listen to while reading Dune?
>>
File: Dopesmoker.jpg (2 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
Dopesmoker.jpg
2 MB, 1500x1500
No?

Haven’t read the book.
>>
Durka Durka beats
>>
You shouldn't even begin to read books unless you have your sound-proof earplugs secured firmly in each of your ears, so that no outside influence may disrupt the intellectual process.
>>
whenever i read dune i listen to rush albums from 1974-1981
a lot of their stuff is science fiction themed prog rock so it's pretty comfy for reading dune
>>
>>7764166
maybe for stuff like finnegans wake doing this is necessary but for a science fiction novel that doesn't require intense analysis to read you can just kick back with some music and read dude
>>
pink floyd
queen
oasis
anything popular on reddit would be fitting, I imagine
>>
>>7764157
This. And Advaitic Songs by OM.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWFm2LIYNjg
>>
That song that's like: "why are you reading such shit you plebeian toooooooooool?"
>>
>>7764154
barnerd szajner (zed) made an album in the 70s called 'visions of dune', it's pretty great synthesizer stuff. on a related note, don't listen to klaus schulze's imaginary dune soundtrack, it's garbage.
>>
>>7764459
You should listen to Klaus Schulze's previous albums, though.
>>
File: folder.jpg (49 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
49 KB, 452x452
>>7764285
>HAYYA ALA SALAH
>From the minaret see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM22W_stXG4
>>
I read it to early King Crimson. Wake of Poseidon, especially. Good shit.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTMrsfDBnis
>>
>>7764154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ2mUSz-8W0
>>
>>7764624
timewind is a good one
>>
>>7764157
tried this it was alright, i think it works better for some parts of the book than others
i was still at the part before they even got to arrakis
>>
File: 300x300[2].jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300x300[2].jpg
43 KB, 300x300
>>7764790

>Wake of Poseidon
>>
>>7764154
>Wake of Poseidon
Nas - N.Y. State of Mind
>>
>>7764154
Brian Eno
https://youtu.be/m4SwFhfNh1w
>>
>>7764154
Klaus Schulze
>>
>>7765864
Man I wish that movie wasn't shit. I'm still hoping for that HBO adaptation.
>>
File: Neckbeards.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
Neckbeards.png
127 KB, 345x337
>>7764166
>>7764203
>>7764203
>>7764337
You faggots are the cancer that /lit/ is infested with. If they made a books board, I'd understand, but you have to share space. Dune is a great book that has the unfortunate nature of being associated with neckbeards.

It is the very nature of being a neckbeard that ruins everything good on this Earth. Their ample time and little social life allows them to consume mass media and information and cherrypick the very best slices of entertainment. Then they adopt these things fervently and ruin them by association. For example:
>The Fedora
>Dune
>Katanas, Samurai, and general Japanese culture
>Great animes
>Popular science fiction books
>Trenchcoats
>Breaking Bad

And so forth. All of these things were legitimately cool and in good taste when they were incepted. You don't hate the fedora because it's a terrible hat,you hate it because countless fat losers ruined it. In an attempt to maintain some interest in your extensive hobbies but distance yourself from these unkempt fat loser gentiles, you fervently cling to the next big thing in an attempt to look cultured and patrician. Yet every time these degenerates figure out the next big thing, they too cling onto it. It then becomes a Red Queen Syndrome and we all spiral down a dark path of increase nicheness and cutting edge new ground, a la /mu/ style garbage purported to be high art.

So what will you do when Reddit, the very hub of all you despise, comes and takes your Pynchon and Joyce away from you? When little 17 year olds make clever Joss Whedonesque self referential quips about the Confederacy of Dunces or perhaps waxes poetically about Kafka?

I'll tell you what you can do to end this nightmare: Get off your fucking high horse and read what you enjoy. If you feel you're on a higher level than people who read Dune and such, then start a fucking thread about The Stranger and leave us the fuck alone.
>>
>>7767325
i'm not sure what i just read but you obviously put a lot of effort into it so here's your (you)
>>
>>7766405
Nigga, I can't believe they didn't come back on the whole Jodorovski project after that dope documentary.
>>
>>7767325
Breaking Bad is the most normie show ever, though.
>>
>>7768471
Yeah but so is Deadpool but that's still
normie by association. BB is something that's watched by many normal fags but neckbeard will sit there and break it apart piece by piece and over analyze it.

Is Necromancer a good book? Does Stephen King have a lot of good books under his belt? Is Starship Troopers entertaining? Does Philip K Dick have meaningful literature?

Most of society agrees on the answer of Yes to these questions but the people of /lit/ who embody the general culture here will chant NO just because they strive to be different and somehow superior. Yet, it is the height of enlightenment and intellectual thinking when you can separate your judgement for intellectual literature and entertaining fiction and enjoy them both for what they are without putting everything on the same level. The other day I read Ozzy Osbournes autobiography for shits and giggles after I finished The Stranger. After I finish Count of Monte Christo, I'll tackle Ulysses or maybe This Sprach Zarathustra. After that I'll read Pet Sematary. None of this is indicative of my intelligence or personality, it is merely what I read and I have no delusions of anything otherwise.
>>
>>7764154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q044GQgSDL4
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdwbgsF1UUY
>>
>>7768556
>implying /lit/ doesn't love PKD
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>7768428
I know this feel. Seeing the animated concept art in the documentary. was bittersweet.
>>
>>7768743
It could have been out of this world.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.