[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://artandobjecthood.files.word press.com/2012/06/cixous
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 1443547071522.jpg (161 KB, 1027x685) Image search: [Google]
1443547071522.jpg
161 KB, 1027x685
https://artandobjecthood.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/cixous_the_laugh_of_the_medusa.pdf
>>
>20 pages
Not interested
>>
>>7753630
Relax, anon. I'll read it.
>>
Girls should be allowed to go around topless. In fact, they should be required to.
>>
>>7753635
>/lit/
>>7753646
I got it from the wiki page of a woman whose face was posted in the 'authors whose asses you'd eat' thread. Or at least, I think so. I don't remember anything else as to why I'd have a string of female authors' wikipages in my tabs. Some of it's kinda cringey, but it's nonetheless interesting, esp. later sections. I don't know if I'd share this with any woman I know though. I don't know if they'd understand it in a way that wasn't unreasonable.
>>
>>7753656
>whose
you mean whom'ses
>>
>>7753670
how could I be so foolish
>>
File: privil.jpg (40 KB, 339x454) Image search: [Google]
privil.jpg
40 KB, 339x454
>Cixous insists that there is a feminine way of writing which can be accessed through a rediscovery of the lived female body and that can lead to a break down of pervasive phallogocentrism and thus lead to new ways of thinking and living.

>Language, written and oral, historical and literary, has been defined, used and valued on phallocentric terms. Cixous writes that “Nearly the entire history of writing is confounded with the history of reason … it has been one with the phallocentric tradition” (879). Because language has not been for women and because it has in fact been used to oppress women, Cixous argues that women must use language differently. Women do not automatically adopt the feminine mode of writing according to Cixous rather women often reproduce phallogocentrism in their writing.

>The feminine mode of writing, exemplified in the style of “The Laugh of the Medusa”, is different from the masculine one we are used to. Sellers writes that the feminine mode of writing “involves a radical transformation of literary genre. Refusing arbitrary order, no beginnings or ends to narratives, no attempt to imprison time in a linear structure, no false division of parts” (446). Narrative and sentence structure, grammar and punctuation and words themselves do not need to submit to the rules and logic of phallogocentrism and the masculine mode of writing. In developing a feminine mode of writing, an “ecriture feminine” women need not be bound by what Cixous describes as “the language of men and their grammar” (887).

I'm open to anything.
No idea, though, if any mode of writing that fits into the above rough boundaries - and that is readable and re-readable - hasn't been already explored.

To put on the now internet-popular redpill twist on it (although I won't subscribe to it here):
Maybe women don't typically go though an existential struggle that would be individual and interesting enough to give fodder for rich "body writing" in the above sense? All of them seek a mate before 35 and that seems to occupy much of their time. And then they are mothers or miserable.
>>
>>7753764
>Let us not be trapped by an analysis still encumbered with the old automatisms. It's not to be feared that language conceals an invincible adversary, because it's the language of men and their grammar. We mustn't leave them a single place that's any more theirs alone than we are.
It's quite a touching manifesto, but I know of nothing which demonstrates that which she expounds, save the piece itself.
>>
>>7753764
That picture is disgusting. What human would dare to place part of their anatomy into such a hideous, vile contraption?
>>
>>7753781
A feminist.
>>
Who are these Demons OP?
>>
Ok so im not an expert or something. But basically she is saying that men need to start learning how to write with their asshole?
>>
I will try that.

Fuck you you losers! I am a genius *crash* DAMN NOISE HERE! DIE! DIE! DIE!
>>
I actually really like laugh of the Medusa lol. The line about cutting out a paper penis is one of the funniest lines in critical theory
>>
>>7754205
Soles sisters. Both Models
https://www.instagram.com/kelseysoles/
https://www.instagram.com/bayleesoles/
>>
>>7753630
i would fuck those sluts in the ass so i could stimulate the clit throug their anus. hehe
>>
>>7754492
anorexic af
>>
bomp
>>
>>7753655
I disinterestedly agree.
>>
this is more autistic than the all time top rated posts on /cringeanarchy
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.