[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mods and pc guys are asleep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
Post digital libraries preferably iBooks.
>>
fucking luv ibooks brah thats the only shit ill read a electronic book on
>>
the best part about ibooks is if the fbi confiscates my phone they won't be able to listen to my fucking thomas pynchon audiobook collection
>>
>>7752520
>thinking they'd want to
>>
I was genuinely debating buying a used kobo or a kindle paperwhite to read on but i just gave ibooks a try on my phone and it saves my bookmarks on my laptopuru. fucking sweet.
>>
>>7752529
Wow, steve, how'd you get online? do they have broadband in hell?
>>
>>7752476
I use PocketBook on Android, so i can't get a good image of my library, but it's essentially the same idea only shitter and crashes more often
>>
>>7752524
fuck you bitch
>>
File: ebooks.png (1 MB, 1725x664) Image search: [Google]
ebooks.png
1 MB, 1725x664
>>7752476
>>
File: 1381066034461.jpg (136 KB, 355x495) Image search: [Google]
1381066034461.jpg
136 KB, 355x495
>reading electronic-books
>>
>>7754343
Ebooks are great for easy novels, terrible for anything where you need to flip around to reference other sections. The year I got an extra 2 hours of reading a day on my phone.
>>
>>7754347
I totally get the ease of pirating an ebook and reading it on the go on my phone, but I figure if I'm ever going to have a good chance to read while out I'll be at a coffee shop or in the passenger seat of a car or something, so I just figure "fuck it" and bring my backpack (which I usually bring with me anyways) with one or two books in it. I'm a huge sucker for paper books tho, plus I'm a pretty huge technophobe.
>>
>>7754352
Nah I get it, given the choice I'd take a paper book any day. Most of my downloads are from when I was too poor to afford to buy books.
>>
File: 1423612175233.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
1423612175233.png
264 KB, 500x531
>Being an Icuck
>>
>>7754362
Yeah, me and my family have fallen on somewhat hard times as of late. I'd get a job but I have severe problems with motivation, depression and such. I just sit at home all day every day doing three things: listening to music, reading books and browsing the internet. I keep myself full with coffee. Hey, at least I'm living a literary-like lifestyle akin to Kerouac and his beats. I actually have a very interesting idea for a science fiction novel that could really be successful if I manage to write it, which I'm sure I will eventually. Pray for me anon.
>>
>>7754377
>tfw im in the same situation
hang in there bro.
>>
File: Alice.jpg (243 KB, 1424x1080) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
243 KB, 1424x1080
>>7754383
>>
>>7754377
>I just sit at home all day every day doing three things: listening to music, reading books and browsing the internet.
lmfao kill yourself
>Hey, at least I'm living a literary-like lifestyle akin to Kerouac and his beats.
LMFAO kill yourself
>I actually have a very interesting idea for a science fiction novel
just end it dude
>>
>>7754377
Definitely enjoy the downtime while you have it. Last year I took a job that pays six figures but has me working 12 hours a day for weeks at a time. I am honestly glad I might be laid off soon so I have an excuse to relax and catch up on some reading for a month before I find another job. Give that first draft a go and try seeing it through. It can be hard to find motivation when depressed, but consistently writing for a couple hours can give you a reason get out of bed everyday.
>>
>>7754347
I don't like Ebooks but I feel like they would be better for references sections because you can tap the hyperlink of the footnote and it takes you automatically there
>>
File: deef.jpg (33 KB, 534x388) Image search: [Google]
deef.jpg
33 KB, 534x388
>>7754373
>caring about strangers' computer preferences
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.