[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, what are the best translations for the following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 1200x1200
Hey /lit/, what are the best translations for the following

>Dead Souls
>Master and Margerita
>Fathers and Sons
>A Hero of Our Time
>>
pretty bad stuff you got there desu, master and margarita most of all
>>
>>7751305
Try life and fate by Grossman
>>
>>7751316
noted, thanks for the recommendation

but what are the best translations of the ones I listed? is the Nabokov one of A Hero of Our Time approved?
>>
>>7751305
>guerney
>Burgin and O'Connor
>don't know
>nabokov
>>
>>7751312
agreed. the worst of russian lit.
>>
>>7751305
>best translation
pick one
>>
>>7751351
came here to say this basically
>>
>>7751305
I read the P&V translation of Dead Souls and enjoyed it thoroughly. I can't tell you if it's the best translation as I did not read any others, but I got a good impression of Gogol's style from it and I don't see how it could have been so good with a bad translation, personally. If P&V is your most accessible option I wouldn't shy away from it.
>>
>>7751305
Bump, I'm interested too.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.