[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So /lit/, now that the dust has settled, what is Stephen King's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: It_cover.jpg (30 KB, 302x442) Image search: [Google]
It_cover.jpg
30 KB, 302x442
So /lit/, now that the dust has settled, what is Stephen King's BEST work? I'd definitely say either 11/22/63 or pic related.

What do you think is the best or scariest Stephen King book?
>>
>>7750382
it
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 700x1091) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 700x1091
>>7750382
>>
>>7750394

Hearty kek.
>>
>>7750382
>11/22/63
The first act of that book was fucking great, but holy shit was that second act awful. There's really no feasible reason for the dude to need to go back in time 5 years.
>>
>>7750934
You don't know what acts are.
>>
>>7751061
Care to enlighten me, then?
>>
>>7750382

I liked the Mist the most.
>>
>>7751061
Hes not wrong, he just worded his post strangely. The larger middle part of the book (where the MC gets a teaching job, and all that) is absolute trash.
>>
>>7751108
the movie is really underrated too
>>
>>7750382
dat underage gangbang
>>
File: MuhGlassBall.jpg (239 KB, 1400x2142) Image search: [Google]
MuhGlassBall.jpg
239 KB, 1400x2142
This one right here.
>>
His shorter books are usually his best, with the exception of IT and The Stand.

>Carrie
>The Shining
>Misery

Pet Sematary is by far his scariest book however. I've also heard The Long Walk is rather good, and has an interesting science fiction/dystopian twist.
>>
I fucking hated the ending to 11/22/63
>>
>>7753642
I fucking kek'd to dystopian Harry
>>
>>7753500
Maybe his best book.

>>7753583
This guy gets it. I'd also throw in a few other short ones, just for more examples
>Rage
>Salem's Lot
>The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
>The Gunslinger

>>7750394
Kek'd and saved. I don't think any Stephen King meme on here has made me laugh this much.

I've read most of his stuff. He has written so much, that even though most of it's crap, there's been plenty of gold, over the years. Nice to plow through one of his short books in between /lit/ meme reads
>>
>>7750394

cred. http://liartownusa.tumblr.com/
>>
>>7754038
looks like the grandmas in that cookie clicker game.
>>
File: we rise.png (1 KB, 64x64) Image search: [Google]
we rise.png
1 KB, 64x64
>>7754038
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.