[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is it possible that a man who wrote a few genuinely great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
How is it possible that a man who wrote a few genuinely great scifi novels makes nearly entirely crap? He has to be one of the most inconsistent writers I've ever read. Even in the books that aren't Enders Game or Speaker for the Dead that are entertaining they themselves are massively hit and miss, having some subplots that bore me to sleep while others that are genuinely interesting. It's like he doesn't even understand why people like his work.
>>
What few "genuinely great" novels are those then?
Look; the dude has some themes, he writes on them a lot. Once or twice they happened to come together in a way that appealed to people, but he didn't do it on purpose, it was just accidental. Throw enough shit at the wall, some of it will stick.
>>
>>7750048
I just assumed this effect was from growing up and no longer enjoying the books I liked as a child.

I'm old enough to remember when people didn't immediately fetishize and glorify their childhood movies/books, never moving on to something newer.
>>
>>7750048
Nothing he wrote was great or even good. Ender's Game was overrated YA shite.
>>
>>7750048
He wrote one novel that resonated with escapist somewhat literate young men that grew up to be internet addicts.

Lets not go calling him good. Ender's Game was an example of stars lining up.
>>
>>7750090
>he didn't like Speaker for the Dead
>>
>>7750096
Why would I read anything else in the series if the first book was complete garbage written by a closeted pedophile?
>>
File: Edgy.png (190 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
Edgy.png
190 KB, 373x327
>>7750686
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.