[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"Yes, yes!" he said, "it’s very possible
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: oil-painting-portrait-of-leo.jpg (22 KB, 579x702) Image search: [Google]
oil-painting-portrait-of-leo.jpg
22 KB, 579x702
>"Yes, yes!" he said, "it’s very possible you’re right. But I’m glad you’re in good spirits, and are hunting bears, and working, and interested. Shtcherbatsky told me another story—he met you—that you were in such a depressed state, talking of nothing but death...."

>"Well, what of it? I’ve not given up thinking of death," said Levin. "It’s true that it’s high time I was dead; and that all this is nonsense. It’s the truth I’m telling you. I do value my idea and my work awfully; but in reality only consider this: all this world of ours is nothing but a speck of mildew, which has grown up on a tiny planet. And for us to suppose we can have something great—ideas, work—it’s all dust and ashes."

Do you think about death a lot, /lit/?
>>
>>7746575
I did for a little while, but hunting straightened me out. I'll die the same way all those animals died, and there's no way around it. I look forward to that last moment before I'm extinguished.

What gives me pause is the idea of having children.
>>
File: 1446162289432.jpg (21 KB, 642x459) Image search: [Google]
1446162289432.jpg
21 KB, 642x459
>Do you think about death a lot
Constantly and unwillingly.
>>
>>7746575
> And for us to suppose we can have something great—ideas, work—it’s all dust and ashes.
I'll wait until I get to Tolstoy's level to get this opinion
>>
>>7746617
>tfw you'll never write like Tolstoy
>>
>>7746653
>a man walked to the end of the pier. across the inlet he saw a house, standing next to a hill, bathed in light. a mystical angel leapt from the sky and told him orthodoxy was the one and only truth. the house, standing next to the hill, bathed in light was now slightly more golden. he walked from the end of the pier and the house, standing next to the hill, bathed in light remained that way all the evening.
there u go m8
>>
>>7746575
All the time. I pretend I don't care too much reading or writing but sometimes the inexorably void reaches me out.
>>
>>7746667
Tolstoy wasn't orthodox wtf lad
>>
File: 1411452536778.png (146 KB, 480x352) Image search: [Google]
1411452536778.png
146 KB, 480x352
>>7746575
>tfw the only two rights we have are those to life and those to death
>tfw both are natural states, neither one better than the other
>tfw you are the dialectic resulting from life and death

Feels pretty transcendental t b h
>>
>>7746580
>What gives me pause is the idea of having children.
How is your dang offspring supposed to prolong your petty life? Didn't you think that dooming your children to a lot of pain in this world is too cruel? I myself was contemplating the possibility of non-existence of myself. And you know that would be awesome, why don't people just stop mating if we all are gonna die eventually anyway?
>>
>>7746575
depressing personality, astigmatism, scoliosis, finansial problem, even to the point i have hard time in affording literary hedonistic lifestyle. It could be worse, but if someone deserve death as reward for his struggle its may be me
>>
>>7746575
It's one of my biggest interests.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.