[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much company do you get from books and the internet /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
How much company do you get from books and the internet /lit/?

How viable is the literary lifestyle if you aren't going all out on it?

I'm about to start my 9 to 5 job.
I have no friends, but until now I have enjoyed reading philosophy and discussing it online (here and a couple other places).

I know some social interaction is indispensable and normallessness/solitude usually cause depression. Will the internet be enough for the amount of "company" I need or should I preemptively an hero given the crushing loneliness coming my way?

Anyone else here on the same boat?

Pic sorta related

TL:DR: No friends, read and think /lit/ are friends, will I feel lonely?
>>
>>7745501
are experiences in virtual reality and fantasy just as fulfilling and real as IRL?

I think so. fellow NEET here who thinks my fellow vietnamese basket weavers are my only real friends. oh god that feels sad to write but I think its just the societal pressure of >tfw no gf

I am happiest shitposting here. IRL people make me sad. saw a horse float accident today. the horse was fucked. I felt better than I have all week.
>>
I have the republic by Plato and it's 400+ pages. 160 analysis alone. When will I possibly find the time to read it all? The analysis is not in form of a dialogue
>>
>>7745533

Bruh, if the Republic has got you worked up Kant will straight up rape you.

As /lit/'s standard analytic I'd recommend you don't give the Greeks undue emphasis.
>>
you could always join a book club or literary meetup group and meet other people
>>
>>7745538
kant is super easy.
obey authority, especially your local priest. because he is a wizard. that's all you need to know.

he's just overly popular because well, richfags like to propagate "philosophy" as being anything that keeps peasants in line. swords into plowshares type shit.
>>
>>7745556
Have you even read the CPR?
>>
>>7745501
>I have no friends, but until now I have enjoyed reading philosophy and discussing it online.
Same boat.
I know that feel, the companionship that great literature gives you when you know that not academic, economic, or social reward will come from it.
as gramsci said in his books, from the jail (for justifying the pointlessness of his readings) "I do it in order to not become ugly"
>>
>>7745567
>CPR
>OBEY PRIEST
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU FUCKING PEASANTS?
>LEVIATHAN KNOWS ALL
>YOU DO NOT
>OBEY
>YOU WILL ONLY FUCK THINGS UP IF YOU DONT
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.