[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First World Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4
File: dusty_old_book.png (176 KB, 400x264) Image search: [Google]
dusty_old_book.png
176 KB, 400x264
/lit/, I want to write a book about my thoughts about life and outlooks on the most important things in life, but I feel like I'm far too young for anyone to ever take me seriously to read it, and I feel like I wouldn't even be able to publish it in the first place. Am I right about that? Are my dreams impossible until I'm at a "wiser" age?
>>
No, they're not impossible because you're young, they're impossible because you probably have nothing to say that hasn't already been said by better writers 150 years ago.

Why would someone take you seriously, hypothetically? What do you bring to the table that I can't get anywhere else?
>>
>>7744716
Everyone's view of life is unique and personal, and I'm not saying that that makes my view relevant, but I do think that my views are at least interesting enough for a few people to want to read about. I don't expect to become famous or change lives, but I'm sure my opinions could resonate positively with at least a decent amount of people.
>>
Just write and read more, dont get caught up on the sophisticated meme. Least of all dont take yourself too seriously.

Some of the most profound messages in fiction can be found in children's books.
>>
File: 1443114544600.jpg (14 KB, 180x252) Image search: [Google]
1443114544600.jpg
14 KB, 180x252
>>7744711
Those fucking digits.
Hop on this, as it's the only worth of the thread. The first post is almost as fucking retarded as the OP.
>>
File: cereal guy.png (41 KB, 523x472) Image search: [Google]
cereal guy.png
41 KB, 523x472
>>7744711
first off op, disregard all self respect, nobody fucking cares

>ud have more success in life being cryogenically frozen for the first 40 years at least of it
>>
>>7744720
It's not so much an issue of a few people but of convincing an agent and publishing house to pick you up. Many, many books sell sub-1000 copies, so why would a publishing house invest in you specifically if you have little to offer?

If you forgo the publishing route and self-publish or just start a blog, feel free. Are you fine with "some people," or do you believe your ideas should reach the greater masses?
>>
the most effective way of reaching greater masses is through existing archaicy within the institution, namely: end prohibition.
>>
>>7744742
I mean obviously it would be fantastic if thousands of people could read it, but I know that's way too much to ask for. Honestly any amount of people would be nice
>>
Start by posting in the critique thread at least a few people will see it
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.