[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>a feminist reworking of Kafka's Metamorphosis ...how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: anw4-square-1536.jpg (58 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
anw4-square-1536.jpg
58 KB, 816x816
>a feminist reworking of Kafka's Metamorphosis

...how can you rework The Metamorphosis into any damn thing
>>
>>7743490
with Gene Wolfe's help, all is possible.
>>
>>7743491
Why are you doing this
>>
Why are women so fucking annoying?
>>
>>7743490
So does she wake up to find herself a disgusting man or something

that sounds kind of hot
>>
>>7743542
She becomes a fly so she can go into the boys locker room and discover the Patriarchy or something
i'm not even joking
>>
File: 1445721152811.jpg (87 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1445721152811.jpg
87 KB, 500x483
>>7743564
>>
>At the Manhattan School for Art and Music, where everyone is “different” and everyone is “special,” Gretchen Yee feels ordinary. She’s the kind of girl who sits alone at lunch, drawing pictures of Spider-Man, so she won’t have to talk to anyone; who has a crush on Titus but won’t do anything about it; who has no one to hang out with when her best (and only real) friend Katya is busy.One day, Gretchen wishes that she could be a fly on the wall in the boys’ locker room–just to learn more about guys. What are they really like? What do they really talk about? Are they really cretins most of the time?
Doesn't sound like it has much to do with Kafka.
Also, everyone on GR shelved it as "Young Adult", so I wouldn't take this too seriously.
>>
>>7743535
>Implying all of literature isn't just fan fiction of previous work
>women are annoying for doing the same shit (straight, white) men have been doing for millennia.
>>
I hadnt really been around the cancer of modern feminism when i took a course that studied metamophosos by Mr kavka, but in hindsight i think she was a feminist and she definitely ruined that story for me. Ruin it how? She made us write essays about what (she) told us the meaning of it was. Thanks. My mind feels expanded.
>>
>>7743714
Highschool or college?
Course description?
I'm intrigued anon
>>
>>7743663
again with the "straight white men"

I see a lot of people use the phrase like the word "redditor" is used on this Avar horse archery news website
>>
But the Metamorphosis already was about being a good for nothing parasite?
>>
>>7744480
It's important to make it clear that you hate the right people.
>>
File: 3453.jpg (28 KB, 226x346) Image search: [Google]
3453.jpg
28 KB, 226x346
these stories go back to the greeks and romans. its nothing new
>>
>>7744606
>current year
>Ovid
>not Gene Wolfe
>>
>>7744629
stop
>>
>>7744696
>Hates living treasures
pleb.
>>
>>7744578
>justifiable bigotry
>it's the new craze, so "in" this season

when will it end
>>
I love it when feminists say you shouldn't comment on x topic if you aren't a pansexual genderfluid watermelon-kin naopagan because you don't have the same experiences of that oppressed minority. This rule of thumb seems to go out of the window whenever men and masculinity are being discussed.
>>
>>7743714
>>7743729
samefag
>>
>>7744908
power + prejudice, anon.

also neopaganism ftw :D
>>
>>7743490

>AND THEN SHE/THEY TURNED INTO: A STRONG EMPOWERED WOMAN!

Yeah, not sure if it will work.
>>
>>7744908
You sound like a parody.
>>
>>7743643
>Are they really cretins most of the time
Yes.
My experience of school yard discussions would get anyone fired from their job.
>>
>>7743643
Probably just clever marketing to get some adult to buy it.
>>
>>7743643
I thought you were joking, holy shit that's bad.
>>
>>7743643
So, some random chick-lit/YA that OP made some bullshit connection to Kafka for replies. Got it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.