[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished The Odyssey and Taras Bulba. What should I read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
I just finished The Odyssey and Taras Bulba. What should I read now: V by Pynchon (my second Pinecone after Lot 49 which was pretty enjoyable) or Tristram Shandy?
>>
make your own decisions you dumb faggot
>>
>>7737934
I agree
>>
start with the greeks
>>
Tristram Shandy

What'd you think of The Odyssey?
>>
Tristram Shandy ofc.
>>
>>7739030
Really enjoyable and funny. You'll have a good time reading it. It's like going back to those adventure books you used to read as a child, but in a got tier version with funnily flowery prose, monsters, gods, magic and shit. There are even charismatic punchlines for Ulysses or genuinely hilarious episodes like the "my name is Nobody" one. You really understand how amazed and excited those guys were about the unexplored world.
>>
>>7739062

Oh yeah, I've read it and had a similar sentiment. Did you read The Iliad before it?
>>
>>7737839
V. is pynchon's opus and Tristam Shandy is amazing. Read them both!
>>
>>7739069
Nope, I found this old paperback at my grannie's house. I'll get The Illiad now I guess.
>>
>>7737839
read gargantua and pantagruel
>>
You're not fucking ready for Tristram Shandy.
>>
>>7739260
Why?
>>
>>7739078
it's his opus?
"V. is one of pynchon's books, and tristram shandy is amazing! read them both!"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.