[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm finally getting my copy of Journey West tomorrow! I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: sun wukong.jpg (70 KB, 530x391) Image search: [Google]
sun wukong.jpg
70 KB, 530x391
I'm finally getting my copy of Journey West tomorrow!

I'm so fucking excited. Have any of you read it? What were your thoughts?
>>
>>7735905
Needs a proper modern translation. About 4/10ths of it is good, the rest seems like filler. Excellent narration if you can get past the repetition and some of the jarring bits of prose poetry.
>>
>>7735936
by 4/10ths I mean out of the 1000 pp unabridged version.
>>
>>7735905
Outlaws of the Marsh is significantly better.
>>
>>7735905

love it, changed my life, so identified, canonical and so on and so forth
>>
>>7735905

the names of the chapters are on its own the best religious aphorisms that china ahs provided to the world without counting the entirety of the book of changes, or the platform sutra, or the talks of foyan, or, of course, the laozi, zhuangzi, liezi, or daozang

but seriously

i'm an ascended master
>>
>>7735951
I intend to read that as well. Also an exciting looking work!
>>
>>7735992

gold, whoever you are.
>>
why do they have to be so expensive D:
>>
>>7735905
just watch dragon ball
lel
>>
>>7736197
>not Saiyuuki

pleb.
>>
Is Monkey : a journey to the West : a retelling of the Chinese folk novel by Kherdian any good?
>>
I forced my Chinese gf to read all four books to me, not understanding a single thing she said. The words flowed over me like a river of ambrosia and now I can see God's left eye.

It is my own reflected.
>>
>>7736228
>not knowing that ambrosia is an ethereal constant and therefore does not "flow"

fucking pleb.
>>
besides, you'd be smashed with peaches. ambrosia is a greek thing. peaches are the chinese thing.
>>
>>7736284

not that guy, but confirmed for spiritually unenlightened, reason-monger parmidean formslave
>>
>>7736291
no anon I am traversing the great divide. In sexual union and spiritual understanding.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.