[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Being serious here, do you even need ANY kind of education to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
Being serious here, do you even need ANY kind of education to write a book?

It looks like some people get famous while butchering the language, then they praised for their new and "innovative" styles.
>>
File: Jackson Pollack.jpg (273 KB, 921x571) Image search: [Google]
Jackson Pollack.jpg
273 KB, 921x571
Being serious here, do you even need ANY kind of education to paint a painting?

It looks like some people get famous while butchering the form, then they praised for their new and "innovative" styles.
>>
those are called memes, actual skill is still valued these days
>>
there's a trend in some sects of contemporary visual arts of praising what's called 'outsider art,' that object from who has never received any formal education, esp. who hails from some 'foreign' (i.e. not often represented in the popular media of wealthy countries) land, i.e. the poor, or the poorest, of the world.

of course, that can't really be entirely replicated in literature, as it's incredibly easy to makeshift some canvas and paint almost anywhere on the globe from natural materials, but with the printed text, you obviously need some sort of wealth. it's a simulcra, i suppose.
>>
>>7735497
Jackson Pollack while shit also was kinda good. There's a complexity to his pieces, something identifiable as a style, that isn't just random paint slatterings, as Prager University might claim. There's not something really artful about them, no subject and nothing revealed, nothing really sublime, but they're still kinda interesting.
>>
>>7735510
if all art has to have is an identifiable style, then god help me because we're in the age of decadent shit. we are: see the praise and existence of hack shit like pollock
>>
>>7735487
You need to read a lot and write a lot. Pretty much the best education that exists.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.