[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 2deep4me.jpg (89 KB, 1185x622) Image search: [Google]
2deep4me.jpg
89 KB, 1185x622
Is he right?
>>
He's a posturing faggot. I do not believe he actually read most of those.
>>
>>7732909
Why do you believe that?
>>
>>7732909
whether he is a posturing faggot or not what he said is mostly true
>>
>>7732911
People who actually read don't post what they got on Facebook
>>
>>7732922
How do you know that?
>>
I'm assuming Blue is the dude in the picture? If so yeah he's a massive massive faggot, if not then Blue is a lesser faggot and the pic dude is probably too stupid to read any of those books, let alone understand them
>>
He's not right. Music is for sure more accessible than literature but if he was right then everybody would be listening to classical or contemporary artmusic instead of dadrock and popmusic.
>>
>>7732904
No, he is not right. Would love to ask him what he thinks of the Beethoven's late works (Is the Great Fugue level entry art?) and Milton Babbitt's music?
>>
>>7732925
Because I know people who read and posers both irl.
People who read want to talk about books, posers want to take pictures and quote Bukowski.
>>
>>7732940
*entry-level
fuck
>>
>>7732911
His books are the standard "Look ma, I read!" /lit/core choices. They follow no natural pattern of literary exploration nor unify under one taste or canon.
If he read them at all, it was not for the love of the word.
>>
Blue is a massive fucking faggot. Fuck his idiocy.
>>
This thread is prove that /lit/ is overrun with newfag-wannabes. Christ, how new can you even be.
>>
>>7732956
autism
>>
>all these newfags

Bloomkid (he is imitating Bloom's look of disdain) is, or at least was, a poster here. He's just being in character here in order to be funny. Archive is down so I can't show you his other stuff, but it's satire of "le patrician /lit/ man"
>>
>>7732959
Even if that's true it's not very good satire tbqh
>>
>>7732959
Of course, but how does that change anything? He is an inauthentic fraud.
>>
>>7732952
>standard "Look ma, I read!" /lit/core choices

Think you could recommend some good stuff that doesn't fall into that category? I'm new and I seriously don't wanna end up like Blue

>>7732959
Even if it is satire (which I doubt, it feels more like a "jokes on them I was only pretending" thing), he's still a fat fuck who owns too many meme books
>>
>>7732962
You say that because your taste in satire is sophisticated.
>>
>>7732964
You're a moron. None of those are bad books, or 'meme' books, but one should explore literature at their own rate on their own tastes and interests. It is not about one person providing better recommendations than another.
Literature is an art and to explore it is a very personal journey, not something to be traversed by just the right map.
>>
What's this guy's name? Id like to be his friend
>>
>>7732967
>20 Posts
>11 Posters

You're Blue, aren't you? You saw that bitch who made IJ into a bong had some successful viraling, so now you wanna try
>>
>>7732964
Don't exclude any classic lit just because you don't want to be considered a fuckface. Just don't be a douche about what you read, be willing to start and participate in discussions, and keep in mind that everyone on this board has read something that someone else hasn't; it'll be a while before you start exploring avenues that aren't common /lit/ areas, and you have some groundwork to lay out before you can get there.

Don Quixote would be a good startin point for fiction, but consider tossing in the Greeks/Romans and the Bible if you want to milk as much as possible from lit.
>>
>>7732974
Actually I'm who you were agreeing with in calling the trendy asshole in OP out. You just don't seem to understand what I've said.
>>
>>7732904
I forgot how ugly bloomkid is.
>>
>>7732964

What exactly defines a 'meme book'?
>>
>>7732959
This.
>>
>>7732911

>If he read them at all, it was not for the love of the word.

Jeez.
>>
File: 1356529860780.jpg (76 KB, 750x390) Image search: [Google]
1356529860780.jpg
76 KB, 750x390
>>7732962
>>7732963
>>7732964
>>
File: hon hon.png (457 KB, 536x546) Image search: [Google]
hon hon.png
457 KB, 536x546
>all these cunts mad at the bloomkid having a laugh
>>
>>7733002
Bloomkid is almost as ugly as houellebecq
>>
>>7732904
>Humble brag.
Kek
>>
>>7732964
Disregarding very acclaimed books because a lot of people on an image board also like those books.
Literally what you just said, kill yourself my man.
>>
>Blue
>newfags not recognizing Bloomkid
I want /mu/ to leave
>>
>>7733002
I'm disappointed a symbol of intellectualism-as-fashion is championed on a literary discussion board.
>>
File: 1357580198322.jpg (22 KB, 241x270) Image search: [Google]
1357580198322.jpg
22 KB, 241x270
>>7733018
>>
>>7733017
Give me one reason why I should know/care about this memeing lump of a college kid
>>
>>7733022
b2r
>>
>>7733022
He's irrelevant. No one really cared when he posted.
>>
>>7733023
fedora
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.