[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WORK IN PROGRESS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Untitled.jpg (311 KB, 1566x685) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
311 KB, 1566x685
I have two stories that I'm debating between finishing

prose in pic (story 1 is on the left, story 2 is on the right)

story 1: a magic realist martial arts/wuxia story where a boy avenges his father

story 2: a first-person semi-surrealist story where the narrator goes on a strange job interview

which sounds more interesting?

also, general work in progress thread

>what are you working on?
>how close are you to finishing?
>>
>>7732305
>magic realist
please stop NOW.
>>
>>7732308

can you explain what your kneejerk reaction to magic realism is?
>>
>>7732305
funny you should mention wuxia, i JUST learned about the genre the other day. Have you read The Chronicles of Master Li and Number Ten Ox perchance?
>>
thinking about doing a modern day rendition of notes from underground, but i might sit on that one until i feel more confident in my writing. for now i'm working on a story about the antics of a twentysomething shelf-stocker in 2008 Obama Hope-era America
>>
>>7732328

no, but Bridge of Birds sounds amazing and I'm definitely checking that out
>>
>>7732368
yeah, looks great, doesn't it? I've been trying to find a few xianxia and wuxia novels that are actually literature, and not utter shit. I assume you've read Three Kingdoms and Outlaws of The Marsh before your endeavor? also, you might look into the investiture of the gods, as well as Sorcerer's Revolt. all ancient chinese classics, all probably quite interesting considering your tastes!
>>
>>7732305
well, i hope you at least consider going back to the roots of chinese literature before carrying on.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.