[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gabriel García Márquez
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: Gabriel_Garcia_Marquez.jpg (23 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
Gabriel_Garcia_Marquez.jpg
23 KB, 200x300
hey /lit/

There's a course on Gabriel García Márquez coming up at coursera

https://www.coursera.org/learn/macondo-gabriel-garcia-marquez

The works that will be studied are Leaf Storm, No One Writes to the Colonel , Big Mama's Funeral, In Evil Hour and One Hundred Years of Solitude.

It will be subtitles in English.

Is anyone interested?

Also /gabo/ general
>>
He's mediocre at best
>>
>>7731220

This.

I can't imagine how boring going it would be to go in depth analyzing some very shallow and boring pieces of literature.

YAWN

No thank you.
>>
>>7731213
Cervantes was better.
>>
He looks like somebody's fuckin son who got birthed out of a vagina and then grew up and decided to become an author but then he got old and grew a mustache and is now smiling as he gets his fuckin picture taken
>>
>>7732185
STAHP, THERE'S MILK ALL OVER MY SCREEN, ANON!!!!!!
>>
>>7732185

that made me laugh pretty hard i have to say
>>
File: 1447008556036.gif (2 MB, 390x277) Image search: [Google]
1447008556036.gif
2 MB, 390x277
>>7732185
>>
>>7731213
Leaf storm? Is that the translation of La Hojarasca?
>>
What is Coursera?
>>
>>7734106
yep
>>
>>7731213
I'm a gringo and I really really liked 100YOS and Cholera. I'm probably going to read the No One Writes the Colonel bundled with the complete short stories next. How are his stories compared to his novels?

Maybe one day I'll read his stuff in Spanish but for now I don't care about >translations
>>
>>7734371
His short stories were hitnmiss to me. All of them were nice to read, but some lacked a good ending IMO.
Cien años de Soledad is like (and I think it was created with that in mind) a lot of short stories chained together, so you know what to expect
>>
>>7734382
Thanks amigo
>>
Bumperino for no purpose whatsoever
Also the end of Hundred years of solitude is meme material
>>
>>7735958
I loved the ending. I don't know if it's cliche or what but I actually put it down when I finished and just sat quietly for a while
>>
Sort of want to take it but remember the modern to post-modern course being pretty meme tier.
>>
bump for interest
>>
>>7732185

10/10
>>
>>7731213
I just started reading ojos de perro azul because I'm anal about the order.
>>
>>7737458
Don't be a dumas. Start with la hojarasca at least. Read his major stuff. El otoño del patriarca, amor en tiempos de colera, cien años, mama grande
>>
>>7734106
Is La hojarasca any good?
>>
>>7732173
Hating on GGM is a sure-fire sign of plebdom, it means you dogmatically avoid any writer with philistine appeal. you do not think for yourself or possess any sort of critical reading capability.

He brought the novel out of the post-war gloom and doom with an aesthetic leap that is unmatched in 20th century fiction. If you can't appreciate that, if you belittle that accomplishment, it means you read fiction as philosophy, 'for ideas', (also pleb: you lack the discipline and intellect for actual systematic thought and instead seek it in works of art)
>>
>>7731213
Do they provide the readings, or would I have to find a copy of all these before Monday?
>>
File: dumas.jpg (11 KB, 220x290) Image search: [Google]
dumas.jpg
11 KB, 220x290
>>7738359
>dumas
>>
>>7738439
I'm not who you were talking to, but I only read two of his stories in high school and I wasn't impressed. His novels might be better for all I know, but I don't really care enough to find out.
>>
>>7738359
I will do that. Ojos de perro azul is beautifully written but the first two stories were sort of repetitive. Thank you, anon.
>>
>>7738728
I think it's up to you to find them. It is eassy as hell to find them, in Spanish at least.
>>
>>7740907
epublibre.org, tons of spanish epubs
>>
Read 100 YOS and I really liked it. What else is worth reading by him?
>>
>>7740480
is that christopher hitchens?
>>
>>7740989
wat? not even remotely alike!
>>
>>7740907
>>7740936
Thanks, anons.
>>
I used to teach Spanish. One of my students loved Crónica de una muerte anunciada so much that he wrote a sequel for a writing assignment.
>>
>>7735958
I actually dropped it when the first Jose Arcadio died. It felt too sad knowing that Colonel Aureliano was so old already.
>>
>>7745207
The book is really hard in that regard. I don't usually bond with characters but this book made my blood boil with some stuff.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.