[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is how I imagine /b's life would have went back in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 12395.jpg (59 KB, 318x468) Image search: [Google]
12395.jpg
59 KB, 318x468
This is how I imagine /b's life would have went back in the day. Or was he to successful?
>>
>/b/
>a guy getting laid, moving around the world, getting a useful degree, generally not spending any time in basements

ehh no
>>
>>7729982
I think your image of either /b/ or the book differs immensly from the general consensus

I would say Notes is /b/
>>
>>7730036
Just them doing retarded shit and sucking at life
>>
>>7729982
/b/ would be like Justine by DeSade. Going around while disgusting torture happens to them.
>>
confederacy of dunces is pretty much the perfect /b/ character, maybe except his intelligence
>>
>>7729982
He's compelled by a daemon that makes him move from country to country. /b/ would be in the same place like stoner.
>>
>>7730105
>implying that Ignatius is not the perfect caricature of /lit/
>>
>>7730133

He's a autistic NEET virgin, I was thinking r9k
>>
I am pretty sure In the Sky is a better /r9k/ loser novel.

>The first half of the book concerns X’s childhood and life up until he meets the painter Lucien. X stumbles through life like a Belle Époque Elliot Rodger, with a heaping helping of Ray Midge-esque impotence. Failing at school and at making a living, he lives with his smothering, bourgeois parents well into adulthood, spending his free time grousing about the idiocy of society. The only time he’s happy is when someone else is suffering, namely his infinitely more successful sisters:

>And though I wept in a corner of the room where we had gathered in silence, I couldn’t stop myself from savoring, long with my tears, the bitter joy of witnessing my sisters’ disappointment. In their eyes I could see the death of their hopes, their suitors’ escape, and their fear of eternal virginity.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.