[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Books you had to read for school and hated/books you would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: their-eyes-were-watching-god.jpg (67 KB, 948x1232) Image search: [Google]
their-eyes-were-watching-god.jpg
67 KB, 948x1232
ITT: Books you had to read for school and hated/books you would have actually enjoyed doing for class

Pic related for hatred
>>
File: 1427023066749.jpg (61 KB, 400x676) Image search: [Google]
1427023066749.jpg
61 KB, 400x676
>>7728231
hate
>>
Their Eyes is such a peculiar book. It's like 2 separate ones, diametrically opposed. I don't know why it's rated so highly but it is curious.
>>
ok
>>
>>7728231
i also had to read this. i think it was 11th grade for us. i got maybe 1/4 done with it before i gave up and just winged all my assignments for it after that. i couldn't stand it. still got A's on everything though.
>>
That one about the nig who stole money from a cash register after the owner and his friend were killed in a gun fight and he gets caught and sentenced to death
>>
>>7728231
Hate. Chillingworth did nothing wrong btw.
>>
>>7728231
basically any of the minority written novels suck. raisin in the sun, mango street, things fall apart, etc

the only good one I remember was about a native American inn the 90s
>>
I had to read Winesburg my first semester of college and it completely reignited my interest in literature.
Still one of my favorite books
>>
>>7729736
>mango street
Fuck that book
Things Fall Apart is good though familia
>>
wew fucking lad
>>
Had to read Don Quixote: I absolutely hated it. Only fedora-wearing fags and pretentious shits could like such a dated novel.

Another one for hatred: Oliver Twist. I hate Dickens with my guts. There is a line between suffering and stupidity and Dickens crosses it in every one of his characters and plots. I haven't read one Dickens book that isn't Victorian purple prosed pulp fiction.
>>
>>7728231
Hated all the Steinbeck
>>
>>7728231
I read up until they started speaking, then just bullshitted the essay talking about tough times as a black person.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.