[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this bitch to me. Fuck.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Explain this bitch to me. Fuck.
>>
looks like a butch old Judith Sluter Butler to me.
>>
>>7726099
Go fuck yourself, I'm talking about her work!!! What the fuck is this fat lesbian jew up to!!!
>>
The act of coming is pitiful.
Butter is pitiful.
All of it is enough.
She said it is pleasanter now when there is enough so that there can be a change.
Mr. and Mrs. Leland Paul.
Do you know that name. Do you know being called Mr. Paul. Do you hear me telling you that a great many people hear opera.
A great many soldiers in the streets.
This means that there is wood to prevent traffic.
Not plenty of wood oh no.
Dear Mrs. Amos.
I letter this B because it is very dangerous.
A great many dogs are very dangerous too.
Do you mind. Lilie do you mind.
Yes I do mind.
>>
>>7726106
Well her and Butler were both fat lesbian Jews so if we find the source of one's power then we know what powers all of them.
>>
I just read some of her poetry and assumed she was autistic
>>
What a pretentious cunt.
>>
File: stein1.jpg (47 KB, 454x382) Image search: [Google]
stein1.jpg
47 KB, 454x382
>what
>>
>>7726378
word vomit
>>
>>7726378
Phonetics, bitch
>>
whats there to get? If you think it sounds good it's for you. Her poems don't mean anything they just sound nice.
>>
>>7726431
>>7726466
If an anon posted this in a poetry thread it would be shit on endlessly.
>>
File: wat2.jpg (31 KB, 599x626) Image search: [Google]
wat2.jpg
31 KB, 599x626
you can't all really be this stupid
didn't you guys all read Gravity's Rainbow? Ulysses? Finnegan's Wake? Infinite Jest?
but you struggle with Gertrude fucking Stein?
you can shovel through Pynchon but you can't comprehend a few lines of nonrepresentational abstract? jesus!
>>
>>7726378
i like this
>>
>>7726504
That's why I don't post in poetry threads even though I write poems. This board is so obsessed with meaning and the deeper message. While that certainly is true of literature (as in short stories, novellas, novels, anything else I may be missing) it doesn't have to be true of poetry. Some stuff can just sound nice or be fun. It must be written very well, or else it's shit, but it doesn't have to be extremely deep. Some poetry is complex, like Hart Crane or TS Eliot. And then some poetry is complex like Dylan Thomas. Some of his poems are great and sound nice. Others are stupidly dense ways of saying "boy I like the grass when it's green." What a tangent that was!
>>
I tried Tender Buttons. nonsensical trash.
>>
>>7726378
Another example of Stein's deep understanding of the phenomenology of reading.
>>7726504
That's because anons in critique threads don't actually know what they are talking, and are, in fact, completely retarded.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.