[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books were better than their movie adaptions, /lit/? >pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Fightclub.jpg (46 KB, 400x576) Image search: [Google]
Fightclub.jpg
46 KB, 400x576
What books were better than their movie adaptions, /lit/?

>pic not related
>>
>>7722959
most of them
>>
>>7722996
I don't think so, most books that were turned into movies almost seem intended to be shown on film.
They seem more like fluffy movie scripts than books.

Maybe it's just the YA book-to-movie craze that makes it seem that way.
>>
>>7723012
like what?

just about every piece of /lit/ i've read is better than the film adaptation.
>>
>>7723020

>>
>>7723012
You're objectively wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>7723020
Agreed, i've not read as much as others, but every novel i've read so far has been better than the screen adaptation.
Not to say the adaptations are bad, just not as good as the book
>>
>>7723020
>Fight club
>Frankenstein
>Lord of the Rings
>Anything written by Stephen King
>Or Irvine Welsh
>Children of Men
The list goes on
>>
>>7723027
I was thinking 2001 as well, but it was written at the same time as the movie, I don't think it counts. In that case it was literally made for film.

Also, on top of that, I think both the novelization and film are great
>>
>>7723053
oh so you read shit, no wonder you have wrong opinions
>>
>>7723060
provide a counter-example.
>>
>>7723069
everything you don't like apparently
>>
>>7723053
Are you sure? pretty sure Stephen king's books are almost always better than the screen adaptation
>>
>>7723053
>irvine welsh
trainspotting is a good film but nowhere near on par with the book - all the humor and brilliance of the scottish dialect is lost onscreen.
>>
Film/English double maj here
There are a lot of films where the film is famous but the book is so unheard of that nobody knows it's an adaptation at all. This goes for most studio-era genre films, esp. westerns. In almost all these cases, the film is much better than the book.
There are also a lot of famous books that were put to film without anybody noticing. I'm not saying The Fountainhead is a good book, but The Fountainhead, for example. In these cases the book is probably significantly better than the movie. Also see "Finnegan's Wake" the film
>>
>>7723053
>Lord of the Rings
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
Moby Dick
>>
>>7723053
>Lord of the Rings
gasps
>>
The only ones that I recall being the movie better are The Godfather and maybe The Shining.

But that´s about it.
>>
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

The movie wasn't actually bad at all, but the book is much better
>>
File: låt den rätte2.jpg (1 MB, 1535x1546) Image search: [Google]
låt den rätte2.jpg
1 MB, 1535x1546
good film, better book
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.