[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Literary characters that are literally you. Mine's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 795x1005) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 795x1005
ITT: Literary characters that are literally you.

Mine's The Judge from Blood Meridian. Intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

And yours?
>>
ITT: masturbation
>>
File: tumblr_nk4m964fKB1ty0e2ko4_1280.jpg (165 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk4m964fKB1ty0e2ko4_1280.jpg
165 KB, 1280x1024
Mine's Professor Snape. Intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>7722818
I'd say Meursault from The Stranger for those same reasons.
>>
wish i could be patrick bateman
>>
File: Tyler-Durder.jpg (52 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
Tyler-Durder.jpg
52 KB, 300x350
mine's tyler durdur

he's just like me; smart, crazy, and with a twisted sense of irony
>>
>>7722818
So you'd approve of mass murder and say, raping a mentally retarded child?
>>
op you clearly didnt understand the book you fucking idiot
>>
>>7722818
The fact that a description of The Joker and one of The Judge are basically interchangeable should tell McCarthy fans something but somehow I know it won't.
>>
>>7722818
probably someone from Kafka
>>
>>7722858
He never raped anyone m8. He's asexual. And mass murder is fine as long as its someone that wouldn't tried to kill you in different circumstances.
>>
>>7722840
Except Snape didn't have a sense of humor dumbfuck.
>>
>>7722880
he did, and indeed, it was quite wicked.
>>
>>7722860
He's literally The Joker mixed with Bane. Do we have any hard proof McCarthy never read a Batman comic?
>>
>>7722860
But the Judge isn't nihilistic, and he doesn't seem to have a sense of humor.

He is literally a supernatural judge.
>>
>>7722901
He's pretty jovial at times. He dances naked and stuff. That tells me he has a sense of humor.
>>
>>7722888
Actually he's said in interviews that he's a huge fan of Batman, and in many of his stories he tries to implement his own versions of Batman characters.
In the case of Blood Meridian it was The Judge who was based directly on The Joker. Those names even sound nearly identical.
>>
>>7722913
That's true, I took that as him celebrating death, the Kid's specifically.

The rest of the book he's rather emotionless.
>>
>>7722921
I think he's just deadpan. When he tricks the people into lynching that preacher I can't help but think he was laughing on the inside.
>>
>>7722866
Same. I'm really Kafkaesque.
>>
File: Sydney-Carton.jpg (8 KB, 173x252) Image search: [Google]
Sydney-Carton.jpg
8 KB, 173x252
>>7722818
That'll be Sydney Carton - an intelligent man with potential, yet a total social outcast and whiny bitch.
>>
File: kefk.jpg (47 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
kefk.jpg
47 KB, 600x400
>>7722958
>>7722866

I'm more Kefka-esque myself. Intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: lorax.jpg (14 KB, 236x256) Image search: [Google]
lorax.jpg
14 KB, 236x256
This is like me. Intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
File: image.png (720 KB, 584x845) Image search: [Google]
image.png
720 KB, 584x845
I see it's finally moved over from /co/. Anyway, for me it's the ash boy. It's scary how much I ended up relating to amleth and now I'm reading through Hamlet feeling similar.
>>
I'm Gregor. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked exoskeleton.
>>
>>7722818
These are awful traits to admire in a character.
>>
>>7723129
From /tv/ you mean.
>>
File: cheep.gif (578 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
cheep.gif
578 KB, 500x250
>try to do the right thing
>constantly being denied that big promotion at work despite dedicated service
>betrayed by everyone (except Denny and Peter)
Wow, my life imitates art.
>>
>>7723826
They're fine traits.They're only awful if their admirer drags the character down to their level, like OP does.
>>
>>7724130
No its a thread where people tell others about what they see themselves as, a telling piece of evidence towards to the mental maturity of the poster. None of them will actually relate to what the person is like, they will all reveal a lot of edginess though - I am different from the crowd, I am more intelligent, my humour is outstanding, I am alone in my excellence.

Fedoremind you of anything?
>>
I'm the main character from Dubliners: intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
Ignatius J. Reilly

:(
>>
>>7724154
Well I do think the thread concept is stupid and immature, but the character in op's post is decently developed one.
>>
>>7724162
Should not have added punctuation because that tacitly improves on OP's horrifyingly bad post
>>
>>7724179
fuck
>>
File: ivanovic_1245400c.jpg (38 KB, 379x512) Image search: [Google]
ivanovic_1245400c.jpg
38 KB, 379x512
For me it just has to be Ortho "The Darkness" Stice. Intelligent, nihilistic and of course, a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7724170
seconded

Pathetically, I am Reilly, I'm aware of being Reilly, and I'm not changing a fucking thing.
>>
Pechorin, the hero for me. Unlike some of these posers mentioned, I'm actually intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7724162
>I'm the main character from Dubliners
>>
>Nicholas Levin
Scummy friends, underachieving younger brother, very sickly
>>
I'm Hakurei Reimu from Eastern Project, intelligent, Kafkaesque, and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7722921

In the larger scenes that gives description to the judge he's said to be laughing or smiling. I mean he smiles at the kid the first time he meets him, and he's laughing during the volcano scene. Personally I read him to be less grave except for the scenes that called for it.
>>
>>7722818

I'm probably the underground man. As in I'm an awkward piece of shit, that makes everyone else uncomfortable. Actually, we're all the underground man. Fuck you Dostoevsky, you brilliant bastard.
>>
File: cia.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
CIA from the Dark Knight Rises novelisation

The way he grasps for control of his life but rarely finds it
Struggling to complete with men with superior characteristics and strength (guys who are bigger etc)
I seek continuity and sameness, if I invite someone around and they bring friends it irks me even though I should take the opportunity
>>
Like a combination of Lyra and Will from His Dark Materials; I'm stubborn and resist anyone trying to influence me into doing something, and yet I find it very easy to just seem very uninteresting and am quite quiet like Will. I'm also kinda sly and find it relatively easy to subtly manipulate some people
>>
>>7722868
way to justify the whole Bush era thing buddy
>>
>>7722818
Note sure about literary but if im honest with myself its Kramer
>>
A mostly undescribed character who happens to be there for one or two scenes but has no impact on the plot.
>>
>>7722818

Houellebecq's 'Whatever'

"A young black man, or rather half black. He was slightly older than her; I reckoned he could be about twenty."

That's a pretty good description of me.
>>
Holden Caulfield
>>
File: 1432971731508.jpg (27 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
1432971731508.jpg
27 KB, 318x307
>>
>>7722818
>people not understanding the meme thread
>>
>>7722818
Mine's probably The Underground Man from Notes From the Underground. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour.
>>
>>7722883

hella wicked, if i may say so
>>
File: 1306566009768.png (10 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
1306566009768.png
10 KB, 320x310
>>7722958
Do this.
>>
File: Socrates_Louvre.jpg (154 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Socrates_Louvre.jpg
154 KB, 600x800
Lennie Small
>>
I am pretty much him.
>>
>>7722818
Jesus Christ from The Bible. Intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7722818
I'm Christian Grey from 50 Shades of Grey.

Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a bitingly wicked sense of humour.
>>
Hamlet. Intelligent nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7725537
This actually. I all too often fail to recognize my own pitfalls and take my self-loathing out on other people, and have an obsession with being fair and kind in childish ways.
>>
Harry Potter. Intelligent nihilistic with a hallowed sense of humour.
>>
Forrest Gump. Intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.
>>
I'm Anon from 4Chan. Half-witted anarchic and with a repetitious sense of humor.
>>
For me it's severian: oblivious, spiritual, and without much sense of humor
>>
>>7727386
That's actually a pretty good description of God him/herself. Not Jesus though.
>>
>>7722949
Yeah, if you didn't get that the Judge was having a party of a time with every twisted thing he did, then you had a very opaque view of his character.
>>
File: skylark.jpg (35 KB, 297x475) Image search: [Google]
skylark.jpg
35 KB, 297x475
>tfw skylark
>>
I'm like Macbeth from the book Macbeth. Arrogant, full of myself, and of course I have a wicked sense of humor.
>>
>>7722818
Mario Incandenza. Ugly and retarded.
>>
>>7729955
Good one. Get out of the basement anon, let your parents enjoy their remaining years without you.
>>
>>7722818
is this going to be one of those things where nerdy white guys talk about how they're like the joker or whatever the fuck that was such an embarrassing period of time i legitimately dislike the dark knight because of it i fucking hate nerds so much
>>
>>7730990
Yes.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/intelligent-nihilistic-and-with-a-wicked-sense-of-humor
>>
>>7730990
it's an old meme anon.
>>7731043
ah yes, the site where our admin learns our ways.
>>
>>7724170
>muh valve
>>
>>7722818
Lucio in Measure For Measure. When someone in management is bad or up to no good, I can't resist the itch to spy on, gossip about, expose, mock, and check their movements insofar as it can be done that way. As with The Duke Of Dark Corners and his sicko delegate Angelo, there's nothing else to be done with such paragons of bad taste, which to actively reject is almost as much fun as pursuit of the beautiful.
>>
>>7722868
Im sorry to tell you this, but he did raped kids and there were some instances left for interpretation.
>>
>>7722818
GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.