[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /lit/ think of Harlan Ellison? I've only read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: harlan-ellison-1_4540.jpg (18 KB, 202x344) Image search: [Google]
harlan-ellison-1_4540.jpg
18 KB, 202x344
What does /lit/ think of Harlan Ellison? I've only read The Function of Dream Sleep, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
Year ago I was reading his short stuff. Loved Delusions of a Dragon Slayer, The Beast that Shouted Love at the Heart of the World and the one with the psychic ants.
>>
>>7721684
I liked The Beast that Shouted Love at the Heart of the World (the story, not the whole collection).
>>
Didn't think much of his story (nor most of the others) in his Dangerous Visions collection, but PKD's contribution was stellar. I also liked I Have No Mouth back in the day but haven't read it in ages.
>>
>>7721684
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj5IV23g-fE
he is obviously based
He is so scary they gave him credit in Terminator to avoid just the tiniest chance of awaking his wrath.

I have no mouth and I must scream is one of my favorite short stories.
>>
I like the time he grabbed that woman's tit in public.

I'm 100% certain this guy is going to get a sticky when he dies.
>>
>>7721684

Pleb. Let me tell you how much of a pleb you are. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill 4chan's servers. If the word 'pleb' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of your plebbiness. Pleb. Pleb.
>>
>>7721742

haha holy shit he has absolutely no filter, he's like Grandpa 4chan.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.