[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well folks, today I'll be going to McKay's, a really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: mackays.jpg (591 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
mackays.jpg
591 KB, 2560x1920
Well folks, today I'll be going to McKay's, a really big used bookstore in Nashville. I would appreciate it if you could recommend me some books based on what I'm looking for, and tell me if the books I'm already looking for are any good.

JR (Gaddis)
The Castle (Kafka)
Wittgenstein’s Mistress (Markson)
Waiting for Godot (Beckett)
Against Nature (Huysmans)
Crash (Ballard)
No Longer Human (Dazai)
>>
>>7721538
That store looks comfy as fuck
>>
>>7721538
yeah boy that's all good shit.

look for empire of the sun/the kindness of women by ballard

if you haven't read burroughs, get everything they have.

if you're lucky enough to find some brion gysin, that's good shit too.
>>
>>7722334
I had the exact opposite reaction. There are people above you. I don't want to be watched while I'm looking at books. It also just looks kind of soulless in general.
>>
>>7722334
This store is the exact opposite of comfy. It's crowded and it looks like a walmart.
>>
>>7721538
Love McKay's. I would recommend some Faulkner (the sound and the fury, absolom absolom, etc)
>>
>tfw live in Knoxville
>tfw make regular pilgrimages to McKay's

It's almost within walking distance from me.
>>
Don't buy Waiting for Godot. Not that it's bad, but it'll take you like an hour to read and reread.
>>
File: luckyyy.jpg (50 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
luckyyy.jpg
50 KB, 320x240
>>7721538
That place looks great.
>tfw primo new book store by me
>but I only buy used
>>
>>7722391
>>7722591

Well, i have a thing for buildings like that. I would love to live there honestly.
>>
Looks better than having to go to faggot ass Powells
>>
>>7721538
They're all very good except the Ballard.
>>
o
>>
looks like degenerate land.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.