[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats /lit/'s opinion of tim rogers ? Particularly ht
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: tim.jpg (368 KB, 700x933) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
368 KB, 700x933
Whats /lit/'s opinion of tim rogers ?

Particularly

http://largeprimenumbers.com/clocks/

I think it's pretty cool.
>>
Work on your subtlety, Tim. Self-promotion shouldn't be this obvious.
>>
Icycalm pwns him
>>
>>7720678

Not him
>>
>>7720678

Surprised to see him posted on here.

I think he's the best video game reviewer of all. His stuff on action button is just so interesting and good.
>>
>>7720678

He pretended to read one of my NaNoWriMo books once, so I guess that's cool. He seems pretty chill. I haven't read anything of his besides Dreaming in an Empty Room (which was great) and his forum posts though.
>>
>>7720693

I like his game reviews too, but I'm more interested in what people think about his literally work.

Personally sometimes his style is very hit and miss.
>>
This reads like a shitty version of Tao Lin.
>>
>>7720722

For what it's worth I found him before I hear of Tao Lin
>>
No comments on this ending bit of prose:

"Would that I could gather up these memories of those air temperatures and sun-heats in a cup of hands as snow or sand, should I restore this inseparability of experience into concrete — if I could for a single memorable day be what I have felt — all the departing hair, skin, and nails of the past would come back to me, and the world would know my monster; we would all see what I see: what mangy, prickly, leather amoebas (I : we) (am : are / would become)."
>>
I haven't read his newer literary stuff, but I've read many of his editorials and reviews, as well as his blogs from the early 2000s. I've always enjoyed his writing. I don't agree with him all the time, but his writing reminds me of the way I think about things.
>>
Your music is really really bad Tim, I just read the link you posted in OP and found it decent so I wanted to go a bit further.

Stop listening to shitty dad rock, it's a good start.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.