[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like Nietzsche too much. What are some other philosophers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3
File: FreddyIchBinDynamiteNeetschee.jpg (222 KB, 600x696) Image search: [Google]
FreddyIchBinDynamiteNeetschee.jpg
222 KB, 600x696
I like Nietzsche too much.

What are some other philosophers somewhat similar to him with other interesting ideas?

I have already read Stirner.
>>
>>7720508
Heidegger is Nietzsche's true heir. Read him.

Stirner is quite bad and his fanboys don't read.

Aristotle is better than both.

There's literally nothing in Nietzsche or Stirner that disproves Aristotelian teleology.
>>
>>7720508
I found similarities between him and the fabricated aesthete of Either/Or.
>>
>>7720596
Because Nietzsche is best read as aristotlean

Read some Katsafanas.
>>
>>7720615
Macintyre said something similar. But Nietzsche is still more Kantian than Aristotelian.

Heidegger gets much closer to Aristotle.
>>
>>7720596
>Stirner is quite bad
>accuses others of not reading

muy kek, virtuefag
>>
>>7720596
This.
>>
>>7720596
>disproving unfalsifiable religious notions
>>
>>7720596
>Aristotle is better than both.
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1342245342356.jpg (198 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1342245342356.jpg
198 KB, 604x453
>>7720596
>recommending Heidegger, ever
>>
>I like Nietzsche too much
This happens to every illiterate tbqh
Read Aristotle, Hegel, Emerson, and Carlyle. You'll see that all of Nietzsche's original contributions could confined to a space of no more than 2-3 pages.
>>
>>7720621
>Kant
He literally destroys him.

>>7721557
Thanks for bumping the thread.
>>
>>7721574
It was my intention.
>Nietzsche's objections to kant weren't obvious as fuck
Toppleb
>>
>>7721557
>calls Nietzscheans illiterate.
>sums up all theistic thinkers
Emerson can be reduced to "everything connects to God". Such insight, wow!
Hegel's contribution starts and ends with his dialectic.
Carlyle was endowed with some deep slave morality called valetism. Meaning that no hero would be better than his valet.
No surprise coming from a Calvinist.

The only thing you're right about is Aristotle.

But let me guess anon, you're a theist?
>>
>>7721602
Damn, you really haven't read Emerson have you? He doesn't even spend1/20 of writing on that subject. Ironically, you're arguing that Nietzsche himself is stupid, since Nietzsche adored Emerson's work.
>he had slave morality xD
You've already assumed Nietzscheto be correct. Unfortunately, the very idea of slave morality is one he lifted from one of the four thinkers I mentioned.

Nietzsche's fans fall in love with him because they haven't read his influences. They see this volley of bold philosophical positions and categorizations and think it's original. Joyce was right to say that Nietzsche was only a minor thinker.
>>
Machiavelli
Ayn Rand
>>
>>7721941
When did Joyce say that?
>>
>>7721941
Nietzsche's conception of the Master/Slave is far different from Hegel's. If anything they're opposites on this respect.
>>
>>7721988
>Ayn Rand
No thanks.
>>
>>7720508
Nietzsche admired Emerson. Try him.
>>
the way philosophy people talk about historians like nietzsche is so fucking stupid, philosophy is some of the dumbest shit and needs to go the way of astrology
>>
>>7720508
Thucydides
Sallust
Machiavelli
>>
>>7721988
There is not a philosopher more different from Nietzsche than Rand. In some of her conclusions about the nature of morality, and generally harsh tone there are echoes.

But her 'philosophy' is called objectivism. That should tell you all you need to know about where she's coming from, opposed to Nietzsche who is a slightly more nuanced relativist.
>>
>>7722033
people always said ayn rand is a pleb and they quit her books after a 100 pages...but then yesterday i saw a bunch of people saying the same thing about umerto eco, and before that someone said that about mein kampf, now i'm like hmmm what if ayn rand is actually amazing and most ppl just too damn pleb, think about it, most rand bashers are tumblr chicks or hillary voting soccer moms who like tokein and harry potter, u gonna take they word for it?
>>
>>7722052
i figured opp just wanted some edgy shit bashing the poor, if u really want someone writing in nietzsche style don't waste your time with all these idiotic philosophy recommendations, go to foucault and said,who are his clear descendants.
>>
Ludovici
Spengler
Evola
Alain de Benoist
>>
>>7722077
>foucault
Is trash. OP isn't some girl SJW freshman law student
>>
>>7720508
I like Nietzsche too much too.
The only other philosophers that come close for me are Sartre and Schopenhauer.

It's probably because they take a more psychological approach, rather than a philosophical.
>>
>>7722292
stay pleb, sperg
>>
>>7722320
Join an African gay orgy and catch AIDS, faggot.
>>
>>7722384
africans, gays, orgies and aids are all social constructs created by power/knowledge discourses, if u red foucult ud kno that bro
>>
>>7722059
Did I just witness the birth of copy pasta?
>>
>>7722418
I think so. It's kind of a bad one, though, too obvious.
>>
>>7721496
Why do you say that, anon?
>>
>>7720596
Aristotle sucks. Proof: Watch the Green Brothers' Crash Course series.
>>
>>7723058
>Arguably the greatest philosopher of all time sucks. Proof: watch some "for dummies" YouTube documentary by some unknown faggots.

K
>>
>>7723157
You must not be very interested in literature if you've never heard of John Green.
>>
>>7722059
Rand is one of my very favorites and she's opposite end of the spectrum from my normal interests and other favorites.
>>
>>7721602
>Nietzsche still attracts fedoras like this
Sad.
>>
>>7723346
How are her novels, if you don't pay attention to her philosophy?
>>
File: nietzsche fedora.jpg (32 KB, 375x410) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche fedora.jpg
32 KB, 375x410
>>7723706
Are you surprised? Nietzsche was the embodiment of a fedora.
>>
The "fedoras" who enjoy nietzsche has most likely never read an entire book of his. Most of these redditors read a few popular quotes from him and spout shit about christians.

Nietzsche is honestly a fantastic author when you read into him properly.
>>
>>7725938
Sorry im drunk and dont know how to spell but hopefully you understand me
>>
>>7725938
His prosaic writing is fucking terrible.
t. German native
>>
>>7725938
this.
>>
>>7720596
Thats probably because Aristotelian teleology doesnt even stand up by itself. Deciding to define mans purposes based on spooky idealism is hardly a valid way to have a coherent and objective morality.
>>
>>7724594
Great I liked them all especially Atlas shrugged. I told some one in the last thread you don't have to be a follower to appreciate the story and her writing. I laughed, cried, shit blew my hair back on occasion. Plus learning and expanding my vocab which I rely on her for often, what more can you ask for.
>>
>>7720508
Kierkegaard. Far more rewarding imo.
>>
>>7720508
Nietzsche is one of the most positive philosophers I've read and really sells me on the human experience. Kant, Bentham and Plato are real shitheads.
>>
Philosophy is a croak of shit compared to writing angry words about those you care about.
>>
>>7726646
Are you the drunk next door?
>>
>>7720596
Thank you for this post brother.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.