[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you read Genji monogatari? Would you recommend reading it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Have you read Genji monogatari? Would you recommend reading it?
>>
>>7716455
No and can't say. I like the picture.
>>
Endless descriptions of people blushing, hiding their faces behind fans, giving letters to servants and waiting for replies...I read a little enough to get the style, but its super repetitive and the description of courtly manners didn't interest me.
>>
>>7716524
You aren't required to post in every thread.
>>
>>7716540
I know, but I didn't want to let the thread die. Genji cursorily sounds interesting but I wanted to hear others say something about it.
>>
>>7716533
As on of the world's earliest novels, it had to come with some vestigial clothing. It's really a 200-300 page novel within a 1200 page narrative, I think a couple of abridged editions streamlined it.
>>
>>7716554
/lit/ is a slow board.
>>
>>7716571
thank you, that was my main concern. I started reading The dream of the red chamber and I had to drop it because it was just like that
>>
>>7716578
And after half an hour the thread only has 2 serious responses, compared to half a dozen within 10 minutes for other threads. What's your point nerd?
>>
File: IMG_20160219_130044.jpg (96 KB, 960x825) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160219_130044.jpg
96 KB, 960x825
>>7716597
>raise hand
>"i dont t know"
My point is you are a shitpisting /b/tard.
>>
*does a post*
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.