[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody know where I can read "Suicide As A Sort of Present"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: wlalce.jpg (7 KB, 192x240) Image search: [Google]
wlalce.jpg
7 KB, 192x240
Anybody know where I can read "Suicide As A Sort of Present" online?

Preferably in PDF form.
>>
No.

Sorry.
>>
That isn't actually a picture of wallace is it? That fucking pose is hilarious.
>>
>>7716015
Maybe if you've actually read DFW you'd realize he describes that pose many times in his works.
>>
>>7716015
That's the pose me makes before slaying fresh audience pussy
>>
>>7716231
My bandana had filled up with sweat and grown too heavy, so I had to squat like a slav [1] - and there's something incredibly sad and banal about that.

[1] From Middle English sclave, a borrowing from Medieval Latin Sclavus, from Byzantine Greek Σkλάβος (Sklábos), from earlier Σkλαβῆνος (Sklabênos), plural Σkλαβῆνοι (Sklabênoi), from Proto-Slavic *slověnji, *slověne (“those who speak meaningfully”), singular *slověninъ. Compare Old Church Slavonic cлoвѣни, cлoвѣнє (slověni, slověne, “Thessalonian Slavs”), Old East Slavic cлoвѣнe (slověne, “Slavs near Novgorod”).
>>
do u think dfw intended that photo to be comparable to a prison polaroid? he has the requisite crouched stance, boots that are not timbs but are reminiscent of timbs, and a grid pattern in the background that is not the cinder-block wall of a prison but reminiscent of it
>>
>if I squat like a rapper maybe the kids will finally believe that I'm as authentic as they are
>all I want is to be sincere but this want alone makes me insincere
>maybe if I cower all the way down here the belt will be too short to touch the crossbeam so I won't have to kill myself today
>better not stand up
>forever a crab
>>
dfw is basically a horrible person
>>
>>7716305
'no'
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.