[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /raceagainsttheclock/ here? >tfw writing a novel set
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: pepefro.png (660 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
pepefro.png
660 KB, 1106x1012
Who /raceagainsttheclock/ here?

>tfw writing a novel set in the future
>tfw many of my ideas are now being validated by science / tech to the point where they may seem banal

It SUCKS being a visionary.
>>
Why don't you come up with more outlandish ideas then?
>>
>>7715186
If that's the case you can't be much of a visionary.
>>
Do some speed and rattle off a shitty detective plot that tangentially explores all your philosophical insights and technological predictions.

Have your Mum read it fer spelling mistakes then send it off for publishing and start work on the next immediately.
>>
>>7715193
Because I realize the masses can only comprehend so much foresight. Any more and they'll think I'm a madman.

>>7715196
I've envisioned things you wouldn't even dream about, kid. Every day I wake up and one of my ideas has been STOLEN by some scientist in Nagasaki. Imagine David Foster Wallace had been writing Infinite Jest only to read article after article about things he himself had considered novel ideas for his book. It's heartbreaking. If only I was a meliorist I would contact the leaders of the science and tech worlds to inform them of the ideas they have yet to realize.
>>
>be OP
>2015
>think of 'hoverboards'

>be OP
>2016
>"fuck, i'm a genius"
>>
Woah slow down there Steve Jobs. There is nothing impressive about predicting future technologies.

We got a real Jules Verne on our hands here everyone! Who would have thunk it, a vehicle that goes UNDER WATER!

Fuck you OP. You are just an unremarkable idiot.
>>
>>7715255
I'm talking about things that would blow your mind.
>>
>>7715271
Is it an advanced type fishing lure?
>>
>>7715275
I know what you're accusing me of and it's hilarious that you're wrong. I have over 60,000 words of notes for this novel, many of which contain PROFOUND INSIGHTS into the human experience and the future of that experience. You wouldn't believe how genius some of my ideas are, they are equal if not superior to David Foster Wallace's "Infinite Jest" in their originality. I know, for a fact, that when reviewers read my work they will gasp in astonishment at how interesting these ideas are.
>>
>>7715270
No no no. One of my ideas is so groundbreaking, if seemingly implausible (a major article came out today supporting it tentatively however) that it would blow your fucking mind apart if you had the capacity to understand it and appreciate how interesting it is.
>>
>>7715186
Who about you write in a toaster that toasts your bread and puts the creamcheese on it and reads you a bed time story and reads you the newspaper and maybe even does your taxes for you. Like some kind of super toaster. Then the super toaster is actually evil and kills your dog and then your wife and then your kid leaving you alive to suffer and the last thing it says to you is "Your life is toast."
>>
>>7715284
You're boring. And not in a good way.
>>
>>7715296
I have the capacity to understand it
>>
>futuristic

dont worry dude, it was going to be shit anyway
>>
Write faster, Nostredameus.
(Pro- tip :predicting tech doesn't make you a good writer. Describing how you think tech will impact your characters and their society is ),
>>
10/10 OP
Great approximation to the autism of genre plebs
>>
>>7715284
you mean the laboratory grown replacement dicks?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.