[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a book ever destroyed you /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: stoner.jpg (171 KB, 400x650) Image search: [Google]
stoner.jpg
171 KB, 400x650
Has a book ever destroyed you /lit/?
>>
first time i read On The Road i really wanted a hug
>>
>>7713974
Yes, OP. Your pic is and always will be related.
>>
I've posted this before but when I finished the last volume from In Search of Lost Time, I searched for the next book for about thirty minutes. When I realized there was no more I had a quiet psychotic breakdown with much tears and I didn't leave the house for like a week
>>
when the guy an heros in the heart is a lonely hunter

also, jude the obscure.
also suttree
>>
>>7715163
There's a thread on /soc/ right now where you write a letter to someone and I cried at the one I just read.
>>
>>7715171
tf
>>
>>7715173
What? that feel?
>>
>>7715177
Naw, those feet.
>>
>>7715178
that still doesn't make any goddamn sense you raving lunatic
>>
>>7715163
>when the guy an heros in the heart is a lonely hunter
this was sad senpai
>>
the catcher in the rye killed me
>>
Stoner triggers me.
And not because of the plot. I lend my copy to a female friend and she fucking lost it. What a fucking whore.
>>
>>7713974
The Dead by Joyce came pretty close
>>
the great gatsby desu
>>
>>7716584
>implying you didn't cry like a bitch at "Stoner was glad she didn't leave a note to try and say what could not be said"
>implying you didn't cry like a bitch when you saw the "to W.S." dedication in Katherine's book
>implying you didn't cry like a bitch when Stoner cried out for Dave Masters on his deathbed, only to alienate the only friend he ever knew

This book aged me t b h
>>
>>7716584

How is this even remotely funny? Too many shite trolls here nowadays desu senpai.
>>
>>7716605

*or edgy, whatever
>>
>>7716604
>only to alienate the only friend he ever knew
What?
>>
>>7713977
What's the best version of that book? The Original Scroll or the normal one?
>>
>>7715156
English?
And in that case, what translation is the best one?
>>
File: 9780802150912-us-300.jpg (19 KB, 300x464) Image search: [Google]
9780802150912-us-300.jpg
19 KB, 300x464
kind of
>>
>>7716631
The last intelligible visit Gordon Finch has with Stoner is the one where Stoner cries out Dave's name. To me this was an affirmation of what they both knew all along, namely that they were only friends through Dave Masters and that lifelong friendship (easily Stoner's closest) was built on a foundation of mutual acquaintance.

That's not to say that they weren't good friends, but this last encounter serves as a reminder of what they both always suspected, and that hurt Finch in ways I can only imagine.
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 181x279) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 181x279
I don't know about destroyed, but the Bacchae, really really unsettled me. My friend played Pentheus in a production of it and I was left asking why? Why Dionysus? You've already forced a mother to dismember her own son and her father was trying to worship you the entire time Dionysus, why are you punishing him too?? There is no reason.
>>
>>7716639
Original first, then read the scroll.
>>
>>7716615
Why do you even read this kind of books? Just read genre literature if you just want to look smart and have fun.
>>
>>7718402
A girl beat you up? I'd be aroused if that was happening
>>
File: finnegans-wake.jpg (258 KB, 1012x1554) Image search: [Google]
finnegans-wake.jpg
258 KB, 1012x1554
Smelted down and reconstructed me.
>>
>>7713974
It's hard to argue that Stoner is 10/10
>>
>>7718958
*isn't
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.