[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why post your writings here for feedback if there's a chance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1419134983312.png (106 KB, 364x422) Image search: [Google]
1419134983312.png
106 KB, 364x422
Why post your writings here for feedback if there's a chance someone's going to plagiarize it?
>>
what's wrong with plargerization?
>>
File: 1451289430486.gif (252 KB, 371x371) Image search: [Google]
1451289430486.gif
252 KB, 371x371
Why post your writings here for feedback if there's a chance you'll publish it one day? That's some Fifty Shades of Gray shit
>>
Hardly anyone posts OC here. If they do its too shitty to steal.
>>
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 960x874) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 960x874
>>7713731
Ideas are probably exploitable, but I don't think anyone would bother stealing prose, if they ever found anything good enough.

I, like many other anons, I'm sure, have considered saving and publishing a collection of green texts, but apart from that I don't think anyone's going to steal your shit.
>>
>>7713731

The chance is zero. Not only would nobody steal your writing, but the second you write something you own the copyright.
>>
>>7713731
because the chance of getting your ego stroked is slightly higher than the chance of your work being plagiarized and sold for any notable profit.
>>
>>7713731
That's why you only post small samples that don't represent the overall work at all.
>>
>>7713731
nothing in the crit threads is worth stealing
>>
>>7713731
because my writing sucks
>>
you never post anything really cash, just material that showcases some aspect of your writing you'd like another perspective on or pasta
>>
>>7714523
this for the most part

besides, I have a soul, so I'd rather just make my own work anyway
>>
as if anyone who posts on this board can ever write something that's publishable.
>>
>>7713731
>plagiarize
who does that?
>>
>>7714567
1 out of every 10 /lit/ posters is published
>>
>>7714587
1 out of every 10 kaka doo doo is pee pee poo poo
>>
/lit/fags dont get published because they dont finish their shit

with stuff like Hunger Games and Twilight in circulation why are we pretending its such an uphill struggle
>>
>>7713731
Only post part of it.
>>
nothing here is worth stealing
>>
>>7714660
t h i s d e s u s e n p a i
>>
>>7714401
i've saved a lot of text from posts on here, things I've found interesting, dialogues that are exhilarating, and so on. i haven't done anything with it yet, but i imagine i'll splice various sections into work as I find it congenial.
>>
My works aren't good enough to be plagiarized :)
>>
File: 1392190629468.gif (16 KB, 183x228) Image search: [Google]
1392190629468.gif
16 KB, 183x228
>>7714401

My shitposts are honestly the best pieces of prose, fiction or otherwise, that I could ever hope to write.

I treasure them and share them out of the sheer joy of their beauty.

Published fiction is a worthless cadaver in 2016 anyway. The only good stuff is bullshit posted by jerks like OP. It's the only real art left.
>>
>>7714598
It is depending on what you write. You have to make a conscious effort to write something marketable and that's harder than it sounds if you try to do it while preserving the unique aspects of your style and ideas.
>>
If it's worth stealing you can make more; if it's not, or you can't, why care?
>>
>>7714418
This
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.