[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/theatre/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Playrecs2.jpg (2 MB, 1375x3968) Image search: [Google]
Playrecs2.jpg
2 MB, 1375x3968
Let's have a thread about plays, /lit/

What are some of your favorites?
How do your favorite plays stack up against your favorite novels (many seem to have trouble evaluating and comparing worth between the two)?
Do you have a favorite playwright?
>>
First for Shakespeare.
>>
Anybody who could post the first part?
>>
>>7710656
Nothing beats a bit of Wilde F a M.
>>
File: Playrecs.jpg (1 MB, 1368x3433) Image search: [Google]
Playrecs.jpg
1 MB, 1368x3433
>>7710714
>>
>>7710656
Any Wilde
Any Shakespeare

Others: brecht, artaud, miller.

Favourite play: Our Country's Good, 20/20, would highly recommend.
>>
>>7710724
thanks senpai
>>
Arcadia is one of the best things I've ever read. As is Streetcar. I've read ASND 6-7 times now and it's always just as potent.
>>
>>7710656
The first pick I read off of that list was Stone Cold Dead Serious, and I was absolutely blown away. I hadn't read much outside of Shakespeare at that point, and this hypnotic portrayal of a really fucked midwestern family left me wanting more.
So, Adam Rapp is still a personal favorite for that reason. I enjoyed his Hallway Trilogy, as well, though I have mixed feelings on his novel work (I didn't care for The Year of Endless Sorrows, but thought Know Your Beholder was quite enjoyable).
>>
Have anyone here seen a good play recently?
>>
>>7713605
I saw End of the Rainbow a few months ago, and really enjoyed it. Going in not knowing much about Judy Garland, it was really interesting to me to see that decline in her later years.
I thought Anthony's monologue towards the end was quite impactful, as well. Dumb bitch should have taken him up on the offer.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.