[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books or lectures would you recommend listening to as I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rei.jpg (42 KB, 595x720) Image search: [Google]
rei.jpg
42 KB, 595x720
What books or lectures would you recommend listening to as I play Dota 2? I have been listening to some of Poe's short stories and find they compliment a match well; any other recommendations?
>>
the world as will and representation
>>
Portrait of the artist as a young man
>>
>>7709080
Half of that is boring drivel, better an audiobook of P&P v2.
>>
I recommend quitting your addiction to childrens video games and quick dopamine releases and fully immerse yourself in a book or a lecture you disgusting ADHD failure
>>
Hubert Dreyfus has a lot of his lectures on Youtube, I'd recommend his ones on Being and Time or his existentialism class which covers The Brothers Karamozov, Kierkegaard, Nietzsche and a bunch of cool movies that he ties in these thinkers
>>
>>7709114
I do that 90% of the time, Dota 2 is like a snack in between meals.
>>
>>7709131
An hour long snack between meals? Must be an American thing.
>>
>>7709142
That's nice
>>
>>7709114
You're right, it's a filthy habit but it's only when I'm at my parents' that I play. Also I haven't slept so I lost the faculties to keep my attention to a book at the moment.
>>
the rawshark texts
>>
I haven't played DOTA in about a year, and I find it's a managable state of affairs. I only miss it occasionally.
>>
>>7709237
I acknowledge that it may be a waste of time, but I love it. I prefer chess but since there are no people around me who play, I go to Dota 2 since that is far more enjoyable than chess online.
>>
sometimes i miss being a cave-dwelling teen playing dota 2 for like 5 hours a day on average.
if i was a hedonist i would probably just live in my moms basement and play dota all day.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.