[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
All right jerks. Ignoring patrician supremist arguments, what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 14201.jpg (10 KB, 284x475) Image search: [Google]
14201.jpg
10 KB, 284x475
All right jerks. Ignoring patrician supremist arguments, what do we think?
>>
>>7706723
I liked it a lot when I read it but that was like 8 years ago or something and I was rather young. What I remember mostly is that the atmosphere was very mystical and believable, in more of a mythic than typical fantasy fashion.
>>
>>7706732
Thanks, a.non!
>>
I read it a similar amount of time ago as the other person and found it charming. I liked that there was lots of references to fantastic magical books IIRC.
>>
Loved it, perfect audiobook material and a fun read when I was a bit younger, did find it a bit annoying there was a never a proper showdown between thistle man and magic duo though. Also what are we supposed to think happens to them, they literally just walk around forever alone in that stupid night sphere, why doesn't john's wife just come and visit now and then, it's only night not fucking acid. Still really butthurt about the resolution actually
>>
>>7706723
I read this last year after having it sit on a shelf since it was fairly new.

I liked it more than I expected to. It's a cute story and I liked the way that magic was treated matter-of-fact and as a metaphor for science. It's written simple enough for kids but it's miles above the usual YA fare churned out these days, at least in my limited experience.
>>
I thought it was excellent, basically the only "fantasy" book I can stand. I think it's a perfect example of how world building should be done, it really made me feel like the novel was simply a small window into a world rich with history and stories never told, and she did it really well instead of just having pages of useless maps and genealogy charts.
>>
>>7706723

I enjoyed it immensely and await a sequel.
>>
I can't believe I read the whole thing, it was dull. But I guess it wasn't as bad as I remember it, or I would have dropped it. Wasn't there a part about rescuing some girl from fairies that was pretty good? Or was that another book? 2004 was a long time ago.
>>
This is shilling if I ever fucking saw it.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.