[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nigel Farage Books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14
File: 61-nMzWi4yL.jpg (126 KB, 652x1000) Image search: [Google]
61-nMzWi4yL.jpg
126 KB, 652x1000
Anyone read any good Nigel Farage books recently?

I'm currently reading the Purple Revolution and it's absolutely S M A S H I N G tbqh familiars. He's fucking killing it let me tell you lads.

Discuss the works of Nigel Farage in this thread.
>>
maisie
>>
File: 1455466688939.jpg (34 KB, 500x391) Image search: [Google]
1455466688939.jpg
34 KB, 500x391
our nige
>>
I hear he will make this country great again
>>
Rorke
>>
cara
>>
>>7704344
cUcKIP pls
>>
File: 1450721523849.jpg (124 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1450721523849.jpg
124 KB, 540x960
*walks towards you*
>>
File: 11.jpg (34 KB, 700x250) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
34 KB, 700x250
>Only retards vote UKIP
>>
>>7704349
who the fuck is this cunt

>>7704359
rorke
>>
File: 1455476229768.png (31 KB, 512x246) Image search: [Google]
1455476229768.png
31 KB, 512x246
oh dear
>>
>>7704344
haha ron paul should sue this cunt innit for infringing on his trademarks
>>
>>7704355
t. rasheed
>>
File: CAtfppVWYAAq4Pz.jpg (79 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
CAtfppVWYAAq4Pz.jpg
79 KB, 592x592
>>7704432
t. rasheed
>>
>>7704344
Enoch Powell was a much better writer. He was also a great poet.

When I am gone, remember me,
Not often. But when in the east
Grey light is growing, and the mind
With fears and hope is clouded least.
Then in the hour that I love best,
And where I still reflected find,
All that I ever sought to be,
I will return to you as one
New risen from the grave, as clear
As now you see me and as dear
As when I slept beneath your breast
>>
Nigel, what is the difference between a Romanian or Bulgarian, and a German?

"You know the difference."

No, I don't Nigel. I don't make unfair characterizations based on something people cannot control.

"Well, most voters seem to know the difference, and they've told me."
>>
>>7704372
Kek!!!!
>>
File: EU referendum.png (48 KB, 666x411) Image search: [Google]
EU referendum.png
48 KB, 666x411
Can you imagine the sense of pride this great man will feel when we vote to leave the EU?
He will have almost single-handedly changed the course of Britain's future, and given millions of people a renewed sense of national identity and freedom.

Few men can be so privileged.
>>
>>7705629
>UK leaves EU
>Scotland didn't vote yes to stay in the UK just to leave the EU
>Wales goes "me too"
>Cameron is in another political crisis
>again
>by fault of his own
>has to choose between UK in EU or only England out of EU
>goes for Enxit
>not Brexit
>because there's no UK anymore

ITT: Fags that can't find no value in themselves, but has to "get" it from le beer drinking man
>>
Americlap here, someone gimme the skinny on this EU business? From what I gather Nigel Farage is the 'leave EU/less uncontrolled immigration' guy, is that about right? What does Britain get from leaving the EU?
>>
>>7705660
By leaving the EU, the UK will get more democratic rights. Currently many laws are made by the EU Commission. EU commissioners and the president of the EU Commission aren't elected. Leaving the EU will give the UK more of a choice over everything from immigration to international trade.
>>
>>7705652
>implying Wales isn't even more conservative than England
>implying Wales is even a country

If Scotland left the UK, it would be a shame, but it would also mean that the rest of us would never ever again have to suffer the perniciousness of a left wing government. Swings and roundabouts I guess.

>>7705660
UKIP (Farage's party) are anti-EU. The other major parties are officially pro-EU, but lots of Conservatives and probably a few Labour people will campaign to leave.

There are a number of arguments for leaving the EU. We pay more in membership fees than we get out (directly at least), we have no control over immigration from within the EU (the fact that many of the Middle-Eastern migrants could get EU passports means that they may try to get into the UK in a few years).

The primary issue though, is sovereignty. It is a key part of Britain's uncodified constitution that Parliament is absolutely sovereign, and the idea of Johnny Foreigner telling us what we can and can't do is highly offensive to our sensibilities.
>>
>>7705660

>What does Britain get from leaving the EU?

Fucked in the arse.

We are controlled by unelected idiots from other countries and swamped by unskilled migrants if we stay in, and a tiny, unimportant island of inbred slime who have nothing to trade and no support for our impoverished farmers or manufacturing industries (as they may be...) if we leave.

Classic case of Mr Heller's finest!
>>
>>7705689
>>7705687
you're telling me that you guys are made to follow EU laws passed by politicians not elected by British citizens? The fuck?
>>
>>7705701
It only happens because the average citizen doesn't know anything about the EU. If they did, we'd already be out. Plus a lot of people who don't know anything about the EU pretend to like it just because the political party they support is pro-EU. Which is all of them except for UKIP. Also the only mainstream press that supports UKIP are the Daily Express, Breitbart, and a few freelance journalists. The rest of the mainstream media supports either the Conservatives, Labour, or the Scottish National Party.
>>
>>7704516
The fact is Farage hasn't written anything. He had that book the OP posted ghostwritten.

But Enoch Powell is fantastic. I am an avid collector of his works. His poetry is lovely - I managed to find a collection of his poems on the cheap for £15 - didn't regret it. His speeches are still as relevant and true as when he spoke them. Truly, truly great. A fine intellectual that, I imagine, will never be seen again.
>>
>>7705701
They are sort of elected. The European parliament is elected by all EU citizens. The European Council is made up of the leaders of each country.

The European Commission is what most people have a problem with, because it's not directly elected by the people, but its members are appointed by the Council and voted on by Parliament.

Of course, it's unsurprising that ordinary people think such a complicated bureaucracy is undemocratic, and it's surely a waste of money.
>>
>>7705691

>muh farmers
>muh manufacturing

who gives a shit, comparative advantage
>>
File: 1420956461608.jpg (43 KB, 312x312) Image search: [Google]
1420956461608.jpg
43 KB, 312x312
>>7705718
>>7705732
Holy fuck, leave the EU already
>>
>>7705652
You forgot NI in that equation, and speaking as a Dubliner there's no way in hell you're dumping that mess on our doorstep.
>>
>>7705792
You think Ulster will leave? Not a chance. More Eurosceptic than anywhere else in Britain. And probably more proud of being British in the Protestant areas than elsewhere too.
>>
>>7705815
No, I don't think they'll leave but I could see an independent England wanting rid of them, if it did come down to that (which it won't).

(BTW Ulster is a bit of a misnomer in this instance, 1/3rd of it is in the Republic)
>>
>>7705836
I doubt it. Wales won't leave either, I think that's far fetched. Wales is well, also very Eurosceptic - UKIP could even win nine Welsh assembly seats and 18.9% of the vote. Not insignificant. If Scotland leaves, so be it. There is no point having a union if we can't govern ourselves. And I really doubt it is among Scotland's concerns to have another referendum.

I use the two interchangeably. I am on a tablet and it's late, so forgive me. But quite honestly, there's a lot of scaremongering. We really shouldn't fear leaving the EU. Lots of scare stories, no substance. As you say, or I think you are referencing to, it won't come down to this. There is a possibility we will leave - but I doubt it. I think the EU will collapse sooner or later.
>>
>>7705689
>If Scotland left the UK, it would be a shame, but it would also mean that the rest of us would never ever again have to suffer the perniciousness of a left wing government.

How do you work that out?
>>
>they want to leave the eu

why? the common market leads to very good economic efficiency

i get hard working poles coming over to fix my boiler

and i get to travel and live wherever i want to in europe (give or take a few countries)

it's not as though we have sky high unemployment either, it's easy to get a job

better to stay in the eu and actually interact with it, try to cut out some of the bureaucracy - make it more democratic and have a united block to face the likes of russia, china and the us in military/diplomatic affairs
>>
>>7705870
Who is going to fix the EU? David Cameron wanted reforms. Yet he asked for nothing and got even less.
>>
>>7705854
Obviously Ireland is a lot more pro-EU than the UK (for several reasons), so I am biased here. But I think leaving the EU would be a pretty bad thing for the average Brit, especially with Cameron/Osborne in charge. The average-to-low income population would be hit hardest.

I also think the leave side isn't being entirely honest, or convincing in their arguments beyond "increased sovereignty" and other jingoistic bluster. What's the plan once you leave? You'll still have to adhere to the majority of EU legislation in order to retain access to the common market and other perks, and still have to contribute (much as the Norwegians and Swiss have to currently), but won't have any veto.

Personally I think eurosceptic UK politicians are more useful WITHIN the EU, even if they can be annoying. Without a large member state acting as a voice of dissent we'll all be at the mercy of Germany and France.
>>
>>7705886

get this - we can vote for someone else to do so quite soon

this has been cameron's problem though, the uk could easily have a lot of clout and sway in the eu, actually using diplomacy and getting a better deal (like how the agricultural policy benefits france hugely) but instead he's just pissed them off for 5 years and now goes expecting them to give him a good deal because he asked

he also asked for stupid things, 4 years benefits freeze is purely political for the tabloids and idiots who think people are coming over here stealing our jobs and benefits - it wont stop poles or whoever coming over as they can actually get a job (a problem in most of the eu..) and get paid better than most eu countries anyway, luckily they provide good work and havent affected our unemployment rate (lump of labour fallacy etc)

then there's the red card shit, france don't want that - and while i think it would actually be useful it won't happen

he COULD have asked for better and possibly feasible reforms (plenty of eu nations have qualms over the undemocratic nature of the eu) but instead he went for stuff that might be able to put into a soundbite, because he's a pr man with seemingly little conviction about anything, so we get muh benefits and a football metaphor
>>
>>7705889
The EU will not be the same once Britain leaves. A large source of its funding will be lost, and other nations like Denmark will probably leave too. It's quite possible the whole thing will collapse.

It's silly to compare us to Norway or Switzerland because the EU needs us more than we need them.

It's impossible to predict how things will be for us and Europe if we leave the EU. It will be uncharted territory for the whole world, but it must be done to re-affirm the principle of popular, national sovereignty.
>>
File: David-Cameron-talking-on--010.jpg (99 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
David-Cameron-talking-on--010.jpg
99 KB, 620x372
>Labour stuck in a futile attempt to revive the corpse of social democracy, led by a nice old man who just wants to go home and polish his vegetables
>Conservatives have become full-blown cartoon supervillains who would make Thatcher uneasy, led by a hamster controlling a plastic robot shaped like a human being
>Lib Dems couldn't handle the bants that came with being in power and exploded
>UKIP are a single-issue party with an inane purpose led by a poorly-written sketch show character
>SNP are the same thing but with nicer accents
>the economy is built on sand
>nobody is happy at all
>we're leaving the EU and Scotland is leaving us out of sheer English grumpiness
>all our famous people diddled kids at some point
>nobody in the world takes our imperial posturing seriously any more
>floods are about to sink the North
>Rik Mayall is still dead

The UK is fucked, lads, isn't it?
>>
File: 1450272472291.jpg (136 KB, 525x956) Image search: [Google]
1450272472291.jpg
136 KB, 525x956
>>7705687
>>7705701
>>7705738
FOY
>>
>>7706005
Why is there a Z in the top left hand corner?
>>
>>7706033
Zionists.
>>
>>7704516
Any good Enoch books I can get?

Enoch Powell: A Biography by Robert Shepherd is currently for sale on Amazon for like 50-60p plus £2 p&p
>>
>>7706033
same reason he walks towards the camera
>>
>>7705870
>I'll give up my sovereignty so I can spend less for a plumber and less time in airport security

Have fun letting Germans run your country. C U C K
>>
>>7705987
top kek m8
>>
>>7706056
Sorry for the late reply.

For primary work,
Freedom & Reality
Still To Decide
Reflections of a Statesman
A Nation Not Afraid
No Easy Answers and Wrestling With The Angel (if you want to delve into his Christian ethics).

Those should generally give the broad outline of his beliefs. My favourite speech is of course, the St. George's speech. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

For a biography, you can't beat Simon Heffer. Really, really good.

God bless you. Enoch Powell is not the appropriated figure that the far right want him to be. You'll see.
>>
>>7706109

there's very little having sovereignty would change in terms of our actual society, sovereignty is nice but pragmatically speaking we're still better off in the eu

germany doesnt run our country anyway, we can be a major player and basically run europe with france and germany if we want - without the millstone of the euro to boot
>>
>>7707865
t. white collar worker

meanwhile blue collar workers are being royally fucked by your fetish.
>>
File: powell.jpg (16 KB, 230x290) Image search: [Google]
powell.jpg
16 KB, 230x290
>>7704516
http://www.churchill-society-london.org.uk/StGeorg*.html

"From brass and stone, from line and effigy, their eyes look out at us, and we gaze into them, as if we would win some answer from their silence."Tell us what it is that binds us together; show us the clue that leads through a thousand years; whisper to us the secret of this charmed life of England, that we in our time may know how to hold it fast.

"What would they say"?

They would speak to us in our own English tongue, the tongue made for telling truth in, tuned already to songs that haunt the hearer like the sadness of spring. They would tell us of that marvellous land, so sweetly mixed of opposites in climate that all the seasons of the year appear there in their greatest perfection; of the fields amid which they built their halls, their cottages, their churches, and where the same blackthorn showered its petals upon them as upon us; they would tell us, surely of the rivers the hills and of the island coasts of England."

Powell was /lit/ af

>double first in Latin and Greek from Cambridge
>became a professor
>worked for intelligence agency during WW2
>read the bible in Greek and Hebrew
>he was "ROASTIES BEGONE" for almost his entire life
>poet
>philosopher
>author
>patrician
>and one of the greatest orators ever in UK politics
>>
File: what are you doing.jpg (719 KB, 1183x1200) Image search: [Google]
what are you doing.jpg
719 KB, 1183x1200
>>7707865
>there's very little having sovereignty would change in terms of our actual society
>we can be a major player
>we're still better off in the eu

Do you live on the planet Zog?
>>
>>7708037
Britain has many men like this. Maybe not as great as Enoch, but smart men with sound accomplishments that everyone can respect. Testaments to their intellectual gifts that prove they're more than just a man who was born to a wealthy enough father.

These people should be the politicians in my opinion, so long as their intelligence isn't autism or something.
>>
File: 65756762868.png (369 KB, 640x770) Image search: [Google]
65756762868.png
369 KB, 640x770
>>7705660
UKIP says that we should leave the EU because eastern europeans will take our jobs but their real goal is kick the pakis out but you can't say it becos that would present a health and safety hazard which leads to an enquiry
>>
>>7707832
If I were to pick just one of these books to see if I like it and to learn who the man was, what would I pick?

Also that Simon Heffer biography is 900 pages that's a bit too big of a task for me personally I think.
>>
>>7708159
trump is a centrist who watched some liveleak videos of mexican cartels and ISIS
>>
>>7708159
You bought the fucking book, why don't you tell us?
>>
>>7708230
It's just a better written version of what he says at his rallies.
>>
>>7708161
Reflections of a Statesman - because that's the collection.

Why the fuck are on you a literature board if you're scared by 900 pages? Jesus Christ. Regardless, it's good.
>>
>>7708571
Both Reflections of a Statesman and the Biography by Heffer are over £30 each on Amazon ;____;
>>
>>7708579
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Like-The-Roman-The-Life-of-Enoch-Powell-by-Simon-Heffer-Softback-Book-/252270643380?hash=item3abc8088b4:g:8OwAAOSwFMZWq1gv

You will have to scout around for Reflections. It's not in print and even myself, checking every week, found it very hard to come by for sub-£20. And that was the shortened edition. Now you've reminded me, my wages will go to buy the full edition for £30.
>>
>>7708579
Oops, my mistake.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Reflections-Selected-Writings-Speeches-Powell/dp/1857250559/ref=pd_cp_14_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1AKZVC512RQABC29AGMF
That's the shortened edition. But just as good if you just want a taste.
>>
>>7707933

they arent particularly, no, most recent evidence suggests wage suppression of 1% by the influx of eu workers, truly terrible

>>7708046

tell me what our own sovereignty would change? do you think labour or the tories would really stop the flow of migration? we would have had a much longer recession without the influx of migrants

you don't think we can be a major player? the second biggest economy and population in the eu can't have much say?

we are better off in, certainly economically and that's the most important thing for most people's lives, having enough money to get by
>>
>>7705689

>Being this clueless on the Welsh political climate
>>
>>7708592
Someone on the Amazon review page said they regretting buying the biography because of the 900 pages thing, saying it really took it out of the book's spine while he was reading it. There's a hardcover version of the biography for £7 but apparently someone must have spilled tea all over it or something because it says it was stained. Seems like a good deal regardless though, what do you think?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311534489883
>>
>>7705660
The U.K. currently gets a shitload of benefits and almost no downsides from being part of the EU

But populists advocating for the wrong course of action for power grabs isn't exactly a recent tradition
>>
>>7705870
>insert canned line about Brussels/Berlin politicians and migrants/mudslimes here
>>
>>7708743
Never buy acceptable. And I have the paperback - bought used, and was previously read, so read twice, and the spine is still fine.

If you don't mind stains, sure. But I sure as hell do.

>>7708753
Objective bullshit. 'Almost no downsides' - so losing control and being unable to negotiate trade deals, as well as masses of regulation is no downside? It takes 50 minutes/day for a week of EU legislation to be read by the House of Lords Committee. But of course, there's almost no downsides.

You know about as little as the 'populists'. I can already tell. Not exactly a recent tradition that either - spouting shite before you know anything.
>>
>>7708829
Arguing in favor of monarchy and aristocracy, illustrated by pictures of naked lolis commiting sudoku. Nice going, mate.
>>
>>7708765
Wow, 50 minutes? By God, that surely justifies the Brexit! Forget about the 3.5 million jobs associated with EU membership, the growth in GDP associated with free trade and open borders, the membership without needing to submit yourself to a common currency in the biggest, most powerful trade bloc in the world, screw all of those reasons, 50 minutes a day? That's outrageous!
>>
>>7704344
It's not his own work, but "Revolt on the Right" explains very very well the origins of UKIP. Have you read it?
>>
>>7708891
It's like a Europhile machine is at work!

50 minutes a day per week isn't something to be proud of. And guess what? It's only going to increase. So we're absorbing legislation we can barely scrutinise and can have no effect on (and we don't - Cameron has, by far, vetoed the most EU legislation - and by far, has failed to block a single law passing). So yes, it does matter - but that's just an aspect.

Forget that we're apart of the world's only declining trade bloc. Forget that exports to non-EU countries has outpaced EU exports in the past six years - now roughly 60/40 in favour of non-EU countries. Then realise that those 3.5mln jobs won't be lost because the rest of Europe needs us, not the other way around. Then realise that we can't control our borders, meaning we absorb masses of unskilled labour instead of skilled labour that will allow for our economy to progress into the future rather than stagnate and defer improvements by hiring cheap labour. But of course, you can't acknowledge that, can you?

Do you also refer to Jews as Zio in the Labour party at Oxford?
>>
>>7704344

I love arr nige as much as Ron Paul, but please don't read ghostwritten political books. They're all trash with zero exceptions. Watching videos of him is a lot better.
>>
My hero. <3
>>
>>7708160
is that Peter Hitchens desu?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.