[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i get into reading books? I get into the book i'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: The_Stand_Uncut.jpg (56 KB, 401x599) Image search: [Google]
The_Stand_Uncut.jpg
56 KB, 401x599
How do i get into reading books? I get into the book i'm reading right now "the stand" but end up getting uncomfortable and end up ruining the whole read for myself. What is the most comfortable ergonomic way to read?
>>
You will never be comfortable reading, accept it.
>>
>Reading
lmao reading is for fags I've been subconsciously internalizing prose for at least 4 years now.
>>
File: 1423893820426.jpg (176 KB, 600x798) Image search: [Google]
1423893820426.jpg
176 KB, 600x798
>>7702545
i saw a little of the stand movie and really liked the idea of reading book first, but for some reason i get uncomfortable. Maybe it has something to do with my Vision and having to get too close idk, how do you read?
>subconsciously
pls go
>>
>>7702551
Good for you!
>>
>>7702533
For starters, read something better than a Stephen King book.
>>
>>7702557
There is no comfortable reading position, I like to read in a chair with the book held between my legs, and I arch my back and bend toward it to read it.

You get used to the discomfort eventually.
>>
Downward facing dog.
>>
>>7702571
my vision is shit. i doubt i could read that way
>>
>>7702573
Everyone here is an elitist and a pseudo-intellectual, they can't read anything purely for entertainment.
>>
>>7702600
so you are telling me i need to ask somewhere else instead of some edgelord cesspool
>>
>>7702600
I read purely for entertainment all the time. I'm just not entertained by lowbrow shit.
>>
>>7702573
I've wasted way too much time reading his shit myself, is what I have against him. There's nothing special about his writing. Look for just about any fiction author who you haven't heard of and who isn't a bestseller and you'll probably find someone far better than him.

>>7702600
>>>/rbooks/
>>
>>7702625
nice job shitting on based stephen, where's your suggestion?
>>
>>7702634
> based stephen
What in the fuck is happening here?
>>
>>7702802
Bait. Very poor bait at that.
>>
>>7702573
>haven't finished a book in years
> likes Stephen King
This bait is way too realistic.
>>
I have a comfy fauteuil that I use as my designated reading spot. I usually make some tea to stay hydrated and open the window and put on a knitted sweater for maximum comfort.

I can sit and read for hours or until I run out of tea.

Maybe try what I do m80.
>>
>>7704002
This man gets it
>>
>>7702573
Sauce?
>>
>>7704102
"Beached Whales" on Google Image Search
>>
File: 1452998851205.png (344 KB, 309x584) Image search: [Google]
1452998851205.png
344 KB, 309x584
try to read blood meridian
>>
File: 1454207228436.jpg (26 KB, 400x462) Image search: [Google]
1454207228436.jpg
26 KB, 400x462
>>
>>7702608
I wouldn't call King's writing "lowbrow". He uses some blue-collar language, but he's not the equivalent of fucking Jersey Shore.
>>
Practice some sports, perhaps something like yoga which focuses on flexibility and strength, to improve your body and try changing your posture every now and then.
>>
>>7702533
hunched over a wooden desk, sitting in a wooden kitchen chair, in a mostly empty room with the exception of books, with one lamp

windows are optional

If I'm sitting in a chair or laying a bed too comfy I start falling asleep and end up "reading" pages without any information actually sinking in
>>
I quit after book 1. Is there any way I could start back at book 2. Nothihng really happened in book 1 if I remember right???????
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.