[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most nihilistic and misanthropic book you've read?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
What is the most nihilistic and misanthropic book you've read?
>>
>>7694172
Nothing by Janne Teller
>>
The Bible
>>
>>7694177
I didn't say teen depression
>>
Emil Cioran's stuff is up there.
>>
a short history of decay
>>
No seriously, recommend some really edgy but good shit and not teen stuff like >>7694177
>>
>>7694172
>What is the most nihilistic and misanthropic book you've read?

The Bible.
>>
120 Days of Sodom
>>
>>7694172
For most nihilistic it's definitely something by Thomas Ligotti.
If you want something that isn't a horror story and is much more explicit, check out The Conspiracy Against the Human Race.

He takes nihilism to the next level and its ultimate conclusion.
>>
The Secret Agent, Joseph Conrad.
>>
No Longer Human

Journey to the End of the Night
>>
>>7694172
In all seriousness, The Tunnel is probably the most misanthropic novel ever written. When describing the piles of young boys' dead bodies, for example, instead of lamenting the lives they would never live, the narrator comments on how many erections they would never have.
>>
>>7694678
No you haven't
>>
File: CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg (22 KB, 575x323) Image search: [Google]
CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg
22 KB, 575x323
>>7694674
>Really edgy
>Not teen stuff
>>
>>7694172
The Grass is Singing, Doris Lessing
>>
Memórias Póstumas de Brás Cubas - Machado de Assis.
>>
>>7694687
Seconding this, the book's also hilarious.
>>
my diary
>>
File: machadão.jpg (90 KB, 1200x942) Image search: [Google]
machadão.jpg
90 KB, 1200x942
>>7694728
My nigga.
>>
File: image.jpg (16 KB, 179x282) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16 KB, 179x282
>>7694172
Finally somebody asked...

Theozoology: or the science of the sodomite apelings and the divine electron

This book is DEEPLY disturbing even by nazi standards. The feeling of cosmic horror and madness, and that fact that the author believed in every word, beats any lovecraftian story imo
>>
>>7694798
could you give a sense of this lovecraftian horror? From the wikipedia, seems to be more descriptive
>>
It's actually a damn shame that you can't fetishize those outfits without looking like a neo-nazi because they're damn sexy. i'd totally join that homosexual pagan cult and i'm not even white.
>>
>>7694859

Sure. The book was not meant to be fiction. It's also not a story with characters and a plot. It's basically bible commentary, history and pseudoscience.

The basic argument is that Adam and Eve where white aryans created by God and the dark races were product of race-mixing with ape and other animal-like alien creatures. And not just that famous chapter in genesis, but entire bible including the New Testament is filled with sexual connotations of bestiality. In particular the story of Sodom (hence Sodomite apelings). The Eddas too, when they spoke of "dwarves" lusting after the goddesses, and the fauns of Greek mythology chasing the maenads, what they really meant was these creatures.

I don't quite remember what the electron had to do with anything and how the book ended, as it's been some years since I've read it. But the author's solution to the problem of race-mixing was of course, "misanthropic".
>>
>>7694798
>>7695009
Just wiki'd Dr. Jorg Lanz von Liebenfels, noticed this bit:

>In 1905, he published his book Theozoölogie oder die Kunde von den Sodoms-Äfflingen und dem Götter-Elektron ("Theozoology") in which he advocated sterilization of the sick and the "lower races" as well as forced labour for "castrated chandals", and glorified the "Aryan race" as "Gottmenschen" ("god-men"). Lanz justified his esoteric racial ideology by attempting to give it a Biblical foundation; according to him, Eve, whom he described as initially being divine, involved herself with a demon and gave birth to the "lower races" in the process. Furthermore, he claimed that this led to blonde women being attracted primarily to "dark men", something that only could be stopped by "racial demixing" so that the "Aryan-Christian master humans" could "once again rule the dark-skinned beastmen" and ultimately achieve "divinity". A copy of this book was sent to Swedish poet August Strindberg, from whom Lanz received an enthusiastic reply in which he was described as a "prophetic voice".

So basically, this guy was the first autist to be jelly of the bbc that women crave, and decided in a fury to write about how all the blondes should be forced to "race de-mix" with toadies like him? I'm kekking
>>
>>7695040
He was the first /pol/ack
>>
>>7695040
>A copy of this book was sent to Swedish poet August Strindberg, from whom Lanz received an enthusiastic reply in which he was described as a "prophetic voice".
He's more of a shitlord than I had thought! How to into strindberg?
>>
>>7694172

Possibly Cioran's "All Gall is Divided", a tiny collection of aphorisms.

It bears mentioning that I watched Cannibal Holocaust in its entirety recently. Woof.
>>
The Petty Demon by Sologub. Amazing book, highly recommended.
>>
File: burroughscig.jpg (35 KB, 600x439) Image search: [Google]
burroughscig.jpg
35 KB, 600x439
Anything by this ray of sunshine.
>>
>>7694710
Edgy
>>
>>7694172
Fathers and Sons by Turgenev
>>
hamlet, the gambler, perfume
>>
>>7696370
Nihilistic, but not that misanthropic. Great book, though
>>
Carpenter Gothic by William Gaddis
>>
>>7694687
This.
>>
>>7696370
>>7696786
There's nothing nihilistic about it. The normie who gets married lives happily ever after and the nihilist dies alone of disease because he's edgy.

It's an anti-nihilistic moralist tale if anything.
>>
>>7694172
My diary.
>>
>>7694710
which "Tunnel"?
>>
Le Bréviaire du Chaos by Caraco
>>
>>7696821
The good one--Gass'
>>
>>7694678
>>7694183

You mean the Torah ?
>>
>>7694172
My Diary.
>>
>>7697567
His diary
>>
>>7694172
no longer human maybe?
>>
In regards to No Longer Human, most of his problems would have been solved if he just had a /ss/ fetish.
>>
>>7698590
/ss/ is not rape, it's tender loving.
>>
>>7699395

No
>>
>>7699420
Fuck off imouto, no one wants you.
>>
I'm most of the way through Journey to the End of the Night and it fits these categories rather well
>>
Harry Potter.
>>
>>7694172

While I'm sort of inclined to agree with Journey to the End of The Night, there's a spark of hope to be found in it occasionally. Bardamu is very disillusioned, but he at least tries to do good and make the world a less shitty place. A purebred misanthrope wouldn't bother with that.
>>
The Decline of the West by Osward Spengler

The Puppet and the Dwarf: Perverse core of Christianity by Zizek

The Bible
>>
>>7699836
Why is Zizek obsessed with perversion?
>>
>>7701002
perversion is pure ideology
>>
>>7701010
That is not an answer.
>>
>>7701034
the answer is pure ideology.
>>
>>7701040
Explain pure ideology to a plrb.
>>
>>7694781
This desu
>>
the spy who came in from the cold
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.