[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we trust out Editors, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 608.jpg (67 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
608.jpg
67 KB, 709x765
I've recently hired the services of an editor for my book.

I am czech and have only assembled books in my language (I've written three novels) and this is my second time trying to write in english. My first book was miserable beyond redemption.

I am horrifingly insecure because of my lack of experience. I devoted absurd amounts of faith in my editor and I have received her work today but I am kind of... Unsatisfied.

Her work is certainly better written and she is an intelligent individual who has much more experience with the language than I am. But she is a "normie". While I preferred my pre-edit draft, should I trust the judgement of an american editor for I don't know the language and literary skills?

Have you ever had this experience? Hiring an editor whose work you did not like but unable to trust your own judgement? How much power should a writer resign to his editor?
>>
>>7693208
>Can we trust anyone /lit/
ftfy and no
>>
>normie
sage and dropped
>>
I hope you understand my situation and the reason of my fears.

Do you have any recommended editors / companies which I can look up?
>>
Only trust /lit/

but you can't post your work here and then get it published, so:

trust no one.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.