[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it better to read On the Soul before On Interpretation? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: basic works.jpg (14 KB, 225x346) Image search: [Google]
basic works.jpg
14 KB, 225x346
Is it better to read On the Soul before On Interpretation?

I ask because of the reference to On the Soul at the beginning of On Interpretation.
>>
File: the basic works of aristotle.jpg (32 KB, 314x510) Image search: [Google]
the basic works of aristotle.jpg
32 KB, 314x510
>that cover
>>
>>7689017
I've just finished interpretations - no.
As a logical system Aristotle intends the Organon to be complete and self subsistent. He doesn't mention the soul after the part you're referencing.
>>
>>7689017
What translation are you reading, senpaitachilad
>>
start with on the road
>>
>>7689470
Thanks, I started it anyway but it's good to get some /affirmation/....am I right??? Ha hahah, this guys knows!!!

>>7689510
I'm reading from the Modern Library edition in the first post, and the translator for On Interpretation is E. M. Edghill.
>>
>>7689017
read ethics, rhetoric, poetics before anything else
>>
>>7689017
>>7689017
i have your pic related edition.

prior to my purchase, I have already read ethics and politics. After using this as my source, I just fingered through and selected things at random. I grasped his concepts with ease.

So, what I'm saying, just start and go where you want. There's no particular order. Just start!
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.