[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you had to write a 400 word SENTENCE with no grammatical errors,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1454555123151.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1454555123151.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
If you had to write a 400 word SENTENCE with no grammatical errors, how would you do it?
>>
>>7687969
Satantango comes pretty close as I remember
>>
>>7687971
did it flow?
>>
bump pls help
>>
>>7687969
Use semicolons and participles profusely.
>>
My least favourite people in the world are robert and frank and lisa and kim and ...
>>
be joyce
>>
>>7687971
Or probably any other work by him. You lose track of sentences, they just go on and on for pages, and when there is a period, you hardly notice it because the train of thought goes on and on in pretty much the same direction.
>>
>>7688015
Pretty much the reason I put him down desu. It outraged me, although I must respect his artistic integrity. Too many games with the prose imo
>>
Just write a story and delete the dots
t. Literary experimental genius
>>
>>7687969

Liberal use of semicolons
>>
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/26/books/review/Park-t.html?_r=0

Mega-sentences are common.
>>
Semicolons and a single idea elaborated on for the duration of the 400 words.
>>
Absalom, Absalom! has a grammatically correct sentence that is over 1000 words long
>>
>>7688028
>t.

What is this meme
>>
>>7688028
>>7688336

/int/ meme

t. or t means regards in finnish
>>
>>7688336

It's a KC /int/ meme that has now been spread throughout chans. It might actually be from one of the two Finnish imageboards, but Krautchan is where I first encountered it. (years ago). It's only recently come into practice here.

It's like a signature marker with a silly or droll mannerism.
>>
>>7687969

"Words which can be looked up in a dictionary include [word1], [word2], [word3], ... [word388] and [word389]."

The ideal choice of words to complete the above construction is a series of short nouns of equal letter count (perhaps four or five letters apiece) that do not incorporate any sort of special punctuation, least of all hyphenation. The idea is for the sentence to be amenable to highly unambiguous formatting, and also to preclude any questions of whether "three-hundred eighty-nine, or Tyne-and-Wear, or 3-4-5-chromate-carbonate-nitrite..." are one word, two, four...
>>
>>7687969
I would write a 400 word sentence with no grammatical errors.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.