[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would I enjoy this book being a fan of mostly fantasy/science
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (155 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
155 KB, 720x1080
Would I enjoy this book being a fan of mostly fantasy/science fiction? Not much a history buff, even though I am fascinated by assassination's and shit like that. No spoilerinos please.
>>
>would I like this Stephen King book
It seems the answer is yes.
>>
why don't you read the fucking book and find out
>>
>>7686873

It's Stephen King. He admits himself he's the fast-food of literature. You already know what his books are like even if you haven't read them.
>>
>>7686873
I enjoy it because I always enjoy what-ifs and hypotheticals when it comes to history. I don't read alt-history very much, but King does a pretty good job of making you believe he's painting an accurate portrait of what the 1958 - 1963 was like. That, to me, was the key to enjoying it - I had to convince myself that this is actually exactly what happened around Oswald's life down to the tiniest details. The characters are decent. The premise is pretty-well executed and the side-plots are fairly solid. The ending is kinda stupid in terms of what King imagines would happen by saving JFK (not a spoiler, since the back of the book shows you a timeline where the newspaper shows JFK saved), Apart from that, worth a read.
>>
>>7686873
>I am fascinated by assassination's and shit
>assassination's
Apostrophes are not confetti.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.