[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /lit/ I am an unbiased, ignorant pleb when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
Hello, /lit/

I am an unbiased, ignorant pleb when it comes to politics. I have somehow been able to ignore all the branding propaganda in the media with Trump and shit, but I just want to start from the beginning. Can you guys recommend good political readings like Marx and such? Possibility even documentaries.
>>
Art of the deal
>>
Other people here may give you more classic texts, but it can't hurt to start with something like this.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Contemporary-Political-Philosophy-An-Introduction/dp/0198782748
I'd advise making a thread on /his/ too, we'll be more likely to give you left wing writers, whereas /his/ will lean to more right wing writers. Should give you a nice balance. Always maintain your undogmatic attitude though. Never get sucked into bullshit /pol/ memes like Trump, he is scum.
>>
>>7684357
The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America - George Packer

Political Order and Political Decay: From the Industrial Revolution to the Globalization of Democracy - Francis Fukuyama
>>
>>7684357
>start from the beginning

We don't know the beginning. I would maintain that you can't understand politics without understanding a good chunk of philosophy - that is why it is in so many courses of political science. So read some of the early and later chapters in A History of Western Philosophy by Bertrand Russell.
>>
>>7684357
Have you tried starting with the Greeks?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.