[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: mark twain vs lovecraft.jpg (258 KB, 1175x806) Image search: [Google]
mark twain vs lovecraft.jpg
258 KB, 1175x806
Daily reminder
>>
>>7683619

Would Lovecraft have had brilliant prose if he were not burdened with autism?
>>
Here antagonistic trolling and retarded sincerity become indistinguishable.
>>
>>7683619
Twain being better than Lovecraft is as obvious and verifiable as gravity or the sum of two and two. Why even point it out?
>>
Twain is legitimately one of America's greatest writers.

His wit is remarkable and entertainment value immense. Just because he didn't stretch his talents to more abstract ideas more often doesn't mean he wasn't wonderfully gifted.
>>
>>7683619

I like Twain but he's probably Reddit before Reddit existed.
>>
>>7683642
I'd like to point out that this is a meaningless statement.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (36 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
36 KB, 1280x720
>>7683619
“Well, what do you expect? The human body, when confined, produces certain odors which we tend to forget in this age of deodorants and other perversions. Actually, I find the atmosphere of this room rather comforting. Schiller needed the scent of apples rotting in his desk in order to write. I, too, have my needs. You may remember that Mark Twain preferred to lie supinely in bed while composing those rather dated and boring efforts which contemporary scholars try to prove meaningful. Veneration of Mark Twain is one of the roots of our current intellectual stalemate.”
>>
Psst... hey... Lovecraft is now the more well-known and popular of the two, worldwide. :^)
>>
>>7683619
What's the point of this thread?
>>
>>7683619
hm, gotta say, i relate a lot more to lovecraft. prostitutes hey.. sounds like someone had a plan
>>
>>7683619
Reminder that Twain as never written anything fun to read in his entire life.
>>
>>7683678
Fuck you talking about

Have you even tried his short stories
>>
>>7683632
Board motto?
>>
>>7683659
>stalemate
>checkmate

aslo, that file name?
>>
File: 1455145718704.jpg (210 KB, 1175x872) Image search: [Google]
1455145718704.jpg
210 KB, 1175x872
Hourly reminder.
>>
>>7685134
I love Moby-Dick too, but this shit made me cringe.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.