[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what books do laveyan satanists read? doesn't have to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: death-grips.jpg (165 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
death-grips.jpg
165 KB, 1366x768
what books do laveyan satanists read? doesn't have to be pertaining to this philosophy just anything .
>>
>>7683077
did u really believe that kid was death grips
how retarded is /mu/?
>>
Zach a best grips.
>>
I don't know, but I have a feeling that it's going to be really fucking edgy
>>
File: 1425250524849.jpg (93 KB, 736x865) Image search: [Google]
1425250524849.jpg
93 KB, 736x865
>>7683077
“I give people Ayn Rand with trappings,” [LaVey] once told the Washington Post . On another occasion he acknowledged that his brand of Satanism was “just Ayn Rand’s philosophy with ceremony and ritual added.” Indeed, the influence is so apparent that LaVey has been accused of plagiarizing part of his “Nine Satanic Statements” from the John Galt speech in Rand’s Atlas Shrugged.
>>
>>7683163
But that book is terrible, anon
>>
File: 1447303532394.jpg (9 KB, 225x300) Image search: [Google]
1447303532394.jpg
9 KB, 225x300
>>7683197
And so is LaVeyan Satanism!
>>
Pleb tier satanism.
>>
They aren't Laveyan Satanists you dumbass
>>
>>7683163
Strange. A number of alternative/progressive 20 somethings claim to be Laveyan Satanists; these people post things on Tumblr about taking down Capitalism and shit.
>>
>>7683262
who wrote patrician satanism?
>>
>>7683510
John Milton.
>>
duh i don't know the works of anton levy? like the satanic bible.
>>
Nothing cause they don't exist
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 500x496) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 500x496
DG reads pleb shit, sadly.

Billy Not Really references Slaughterhouse 5, so that tells you all you need to know 'bout 'em literarily.

how great would DG be if they read better books, man
>>
>>7684117
Wait, what's the reference?
>>
>>7684154
DG? Death grips. His Pic? new song.
>>
>>7684164
No i meant the slaughterhouse reference
>>
Satanism is stupid, and completely reliant upon the Christian mythos.
If you’re going to study an occultist, read Liber Oz by Aleister Crowley and Freedom is a Two-Edged Sword by Jack Parsons. Then read anything by Robert Anton Wilson. You’re welcome.
>>
>>7684188
I think your mistake is reading LaVey for occultism. He's not much an occultist. The Satanic Bible, the first half at least, is more about philosophy and hedonism. The second half is cheap occultism, totally boring.

I won't defend his philosophy either. For a guy so obessed with pleasure and individualism, he led a fairly unhappy life. But thats exactly why he wrote it, he's a misanthrope and he wanted to be happy. His failure was not just giving into misanthropy and possibly humor, irony and all the superiority that affords as a means of making life more bearable.
>>
>>7684171
It's tentative; the theory comes from a Reddit post.
>>
>>7684117
They actually reference a lot of fairly interesting works.
>>
>>7683510
Frederick Nietzsche
>>
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.