[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
Is this accurate?
>>
Overly simplistic, but yes, IMO
>>
>>7678297
This, I don't see anything wrong with it
>>
sort of...

man vs reality and man vs technology are pretty modernist

'man vs meaning' is probably the ultimate 'postmodern' conflict
>>
Man vs irony
>>
>>7678345
Man vs memes
>>
>>7678345
that's metamodernism
>>
Man vs sincerity.
>>
Womyn vs The Patriarchy
>>
>>7678391
t. bitter virgin creep
>>
>>7678295
in a way. the first, top left square is synonymous with the other squares though. if you understand that for city folk, their nature is constructed and entirely obsessed with their relationship with others in their over crowded pond and the artificial environment in which they exist ie. technology, adaptive self concept.

korzybski was a modernist along with that flatland guy. he wrote about man vs reality and man vs author. that le mis/musketeers guy wrote about man vs society and man vs self.

so while I agree with the generalizations presented here, they're not period specific and it hasnt truely identified the nature of the human struggle.
>>
File: medea.jpg (273 KB, 586x1734) Image search: [Google]
medea.jpg
273 KB, 586x1734
The Greeks covered it all
>>
>>7678401
t. bitter retarded loser who takes himself too seriously
>>
>>7678295
literally high school tier
>>
Man vs low quality posting
>>
>>7678391
how to generate instant autism, the post >>7678401
>>
>>7678295
>no Post-Sincerity
>plens
>>
>>7678295
Not really. The so-called "modern" conflicts are more reminiscent of romanticism and realism. The "postmodern" conflicts are to some degree shared between modernism and postmodernism, but placing the man in the middle of all of it every time is a problem. Often man doesn't come into play in the conflict, especially in the modern and postmodern.
It should also be said that from modernism forward, conflict is often not that important to literature anyway.
>>
>>7679218
People who use the word "sincerity" attached to any movement are either college freshmen or naive, pandering, degenerate graduate students at a second-rate school.
>>
decidedly ludicrous and infantile.
>>
>>7679774
I agree, good sincerity senpai
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.