[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /lit/, I am a struggling (read: homeless) dilettante; i
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14
Dear /lit/,

I am a struggling (read: homeless) dilettante; i realize it is not your problem, but i am homeless because i follow my heart too much and my heart loves morphine pumping through it from time to time--origins aside: i come to you for *help*

i need this book (pic related) but i don't have the money. i can have it shipped to my mother's house and pick it up there when i visit her in a week. i ask for any like-minded and well-heeled ladies or gentlemen to gift it to me.

wish list: amzn dot com slash w slash OAEZ0ZVFPN76
do what thou wilt
>>
File: 4538982814_c1c7018f9a.jpg (71 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
4538982814_c1c7018f9a.jpg
71 KB, 500x333
>>
File: 1954031a_orig.jpg (184 KB, 1300x710) Image search: [Google]
1954031a_orig.jpg
184 KB, 1300x710
>>
It's a pretty shitty book
Psychic TV are shit
Etc
>>
File: pure3.jpg (39 KB, 497x339) Image search: [Google]
pure3.jpg
39 KB, 497x339
>>7677333
also this can be a general discussion of industrial aesthetics in literature. Les Chants de Maldoror comes to mind?? Did you read it /lit/? I have and it gets a little dodgy towards the end.
>>
is this really what you want
>>
>>7677351
i like shit, obviously.
>>
File: 0_76389_55d2ab5b_XL.jpg (126 KB, 800x725) Image search: [Google]
0_76389_55d2ab5b_XL.jpg
126 KB, 800x725
>>7677367
so it is.
>>
First came across Maldoror in a short story by Mishima (did anyone else love Acts of Worship?) The book is disjointed, seems rather like a sketch book. Some of the images are transcendent (making love to a shark, the ocean as a bruise on the side of our planet). The anti-religion is cringey at times, and the overall pedantry of its tone is off putting. Still, one of the closest attempts ever at "poetic prose"
>>
File: pure fanzine 03.png (314 KB, 500x401) Image search: [Google]
pure fanzine 03.png
314 KB, 500x401
>mfw noone replies

Other /lit/ with fascist/industrial/mystic aesthetics:

"the enemies" by dylan thomas
"pan" by knut hamsun
"steppenwolf" by herman hesse
"storm of steel" ernst junger
"being and time" martin heidegger
"cantos" ezra pound
>>
do you have your address on your wishlist

it isn't showing on checkout
>>
>>7677428
it should be correct. anon, if you do me this good deed i will make sure it isn't selfless within a month (meaning i will gift you a gift in return) my email is [email protected] (jokes :{D) so you can hold me to it.
>>
>>7677446
it isn't showing any other option for shipping, just my shipping address.

either i'm doing it wrong or you don't have it enabled. i go to wishlist, then add to cart, then checkout, but when i go to select address there isn't a second option.
>>
>>7677459
oh fug. well i think i fixed it. sorry for being an faggot
>>
>>7677484
make sure your information is correct

will confirm after you reply to this post
>>
File: lhormap.jpg (104 KB, 1181x546) Image search: [Google]
lhormap.jpg
104 KB, 1181x546
>>
>>7677494
It is correct my dear soul
>>
>>7677507
what is this?
>>
File: Capture.png (14 KB, 798x215) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
14 KB, 798x215
>>
>>7677511
Lord Horror is by David Britton; it is a long out of print graphic novel and a classic of "industrial" literature. I think this is a map of its influences, rendered in a non-hierarchical way (i think). I have some issues with the list.
>>
>>7677515
you fucking god, anon. seriously email me.
>>
>>7677533
when you're in suitable financial condition, just do the same for somebody who posts a similar thread

i don't want recognition for any charity i perform
>>
>>7677515
seriously i love thee. i won't forget it.
>>
>>7677551
cool thank you though, it really means a lot. this book is kind of practically essential to the literary work i try to do.
>>
>>7677558

what kind of work do you do?
>>
i thought you could get this for free from their website.

besides, if you're a homeless morphine addict, then thee convoluted blatherings of Genesis P Orridge won't help you.

like a lot of autodidact wannabe deepthinkers, he goes around and around a lot. and never gets anywhere.
>>
>>7677615
pretty sure i didn't pay for it. i think it was downloaded from some anon's mega collection of obscure counterculture texts.

heh. i notice that they got over their idea of "send us samples of your blood and semen" very quickly. imagine going to check the group PO box and finding it jammed full of slightly damp envelopes that smell like chlorox and copper.
>>
>>7677604
so, essentially i am working on what i will one day present as Ph.D. dissertation (if that is what comes of it). i am also friends with a reader and another friend is beginning to publish ( a former professor) so it may just turn out to be a long essay. Vaguely, the topic is cultural fascism in the united states. It is ambiguous in tone, and more descriptive than prescriptive. It started out as a project that i did about the German invasion of France during WW2. I made a zine and called it "A Festival of Crosses" and actually sent it to George RR Martin (a few reasons, because he was a local celebrity in the town i was living in--santa fe, nm--and i thought it was a kind of joking critique of the sentiments in his books...don't know if he ever read it)...so i became fascinated with fascism and i always liked Industrial/harsh noise/power violence...so hell why not make my own memes for once?
>>7677615
i don't think you can get the physical copy of it that way. i rather like the aphoristic, disorganized style. i get what your saying, but i am definitely not looking for 'help' P Orridge is just a towering figure in a marginalized culture which i'm exploring. I also
>>
>>7677621
i would think it wouldn't come in very good condition through the mail or maybe they were prosecuted for it?? or threatened by the mail man. also imagine Son of Sam delivering a package of bloody cum to ToPY
>>
>>7677641
i guess if you're living on the street you'd need a physical copy. but if you have the .epub you can go to a Salvation Army job center and print it out there. if they ask, tell 'em it's your resume.

and, yeah, when i was 22 and i would spend the night wandering the suburban streets in my overcoat listening to Thee Psychick Sacrifice on my walkman, i thought GPO was breddy gud too.

i recently re-read ReSearch 12, and, wow, it comes across as the pissiest most wishy-washy new-age wannaThink you could imagine.

it's the new Prayer. believing this crap is the shit you do when actually doing something seems too hard.
>>
>>7677647

i'm guessing the sort of people who sent blood and semen samples to TOPY were not, perhaps, in a position to afford the higher levels of postage necessary to get the ... stuff.. there in good condition.

anyway, TOPY weren't running a sperm bank. also, i have the idea that this was all pre-AIDS scare.
>>
>>7677351
psychic tv IS shit

now, coil + steven stapleton... das where it's at
>>
>>7677521
>the wind in the willows
>mein kampf
WHAAAAAAT IS GOING ON
>>
wtf am I reading in this thread
>>
>>7678058
do you even industrial culture?

speaking of which. i also recently re-read ReSearch's industrial culture handbook, and the people they interviewed were quite lucid on their love of serial killers and guns and venereal disease and synthesizers but not so clear on what industrial culture actually was.

the french "Sordide Sentimentale" guys were the worst.
>>
>>7677641
could i get a hand on some of this shit sounds great
>>
>>7677385
>The anti-religion is cringey at times
>cringey

It was written in the 1860's, holy fuck.

on another note, what an incredible thread.
>>
>>7677821
love coil but how can you deny how sweet Psy TV were especially in the early days? Like a nazi on acid

>>7678178
I have not checked that out. I want to download Peter Sotos' stuff but I'm afraid of getting v& (it is on pirate bay)
>>7679666
ty :{D sadly i only made a few physical copies of the thing and never scanned them and the physical copies are with my friend (and probably in George Martin's dustbin covered in dorito dust and cum rags) I can say that I will eventually put it up when i hop back west...hemmed up by the weather.

also i was wondering if /lit/ has heard of the publishing company Supervert? they make nice things.
>>
File: addtext_com_MTU0OTM4MTI3Mjg3.jpg (68 KB, 364x507) Image search: [Google]
addtext_com_MTU0OTM4MTI3Mjg3.jpg
68 KB, 364x507
>>7679673
>>
>>7677813
I imagine there is a lot of resignation inherent in people who chose to live on the margins, who relish in it. Like Rimbaud said how he wanted to bite on the gun-butts of his executioners....
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XCnGuK8CVc
>>
>>7679692
where does your friend live
>>
>>7679755
SoCal. They might have thrown it out. We broke up. Polyamory never works :/
>>
File: 1444165547669.jpg (33 KB, 454x578) Image search: [Google]
1444165547669.jpg
33 KB, 454x578
>>7679692
What are the best Psy TV albums?
I love TG and Coil, but not Psy TV. They sound like, from what I've heard of them, boring dance music.

I don't dislike it, but I can get into it.
>>
>>7679828
I like Sugarmorphoses and Themes a lot. They did make some terrible dance music though. I like their neo-folky songs like "orchids" a lot.
>>
>>7679828
Actually my favorite is dreams less sweet when I think of it. Have you checked out Pharmakon?? She is amazing.
>>
>>7677333
>muh morphine addiction
babby first heavy drug. Try fentanyle and die faggot
>>
This has got to be a joke
>>
>>7679968
I said morphine ofc I meant H which metabolizes to morphine in the body and interestingly I was narcanned out of death by fetanyl not two weeks ago.
>>
>>7679981
Elaborate. Or don't. I have to leave the library to go to detox in an hour so...
>>
>>7677427
dude this is a fucking random compilation
>>
>>7680070
Have you read those things? Just asking. The aesthetic is ephemeral and my definition of it is a developing task so I'm open to insights
>>
>>7680080
I don't see how Storm of Steel or Being and Time is fascist/industrial/mystic at all.
>>
>>7680139
I think Storm of Steel was definitely Fascist in the sense of its marshal ethos. I mean the book was substantially influential among a lot of German Nationalists. Being and Time i kind of fudged to be honest. Going to read that this spring. The list isn't random, it is an attempt at furthering this.
>>
>>7677333
Nice thread, OP. You got your book, I got new stuff to read about and look for. Get well soon.
>>
>>7680211
Thanks, anon! This is my 2nd attempt for the cure; the first was fucked because i took the drug suboxone (which they offered and didn't explain how it would give me much worse and more protracted withdrawal symptoms than heroin fyi)...anyway...looking forward to producing scum instead of only ingesting it.
>>
>>7677828
Edginess, Anon. Edginess.

>>7679745
Pure crap!
>>
File: lol_burroughs.jpg (78 KB, 465x383) Image search: [Google]
lol_burroughs.jpg
78 KB, 465x383
>>7680226
>>
File: Dinosir.jpg (100 KB, 497x574) Image search: [Google]
Dinosir.jpg
100 KB, 497x574
>>7680367
you're a bit behind the times, old chap. we haven't used "edgy" as an insult since december of last year. then it was "cuck", then it was "mary sue".

current insult in /lit/ is "old chap"
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.