[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movie when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: timescape_book_of_the_new_sun.jpg (178 KB, 818x347) Image search: [Google]
timescape_book_of_the_new_sun.jpg
178 KB, 818x347
Movie when?
>>
Who's gunna play the huge tits?
>>
you really want Hollywood ghouls to get their hands on this? After what The Hobbit went through?
>>
>>7673698
Lord of the rings was pretty good.
But I gotta agree that the Hobbit was fucking butchered.
>>
itd just turn into some weird romance movie centered around Sev and Dorcas, missing just about everything else
>>
>>7673731
It's also impossible to adapt and the main point is of a religious nature which is a no go for Jewish lizardmen of Hollywood.
>>
>>7673682
Never. Now, open source web serial, now that's a good idea.
>>
>>7673682
As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think a movie will ever happen. The books don't have mass appeal, and Severian's narrative would be almost impossible to translate to movie format. Still, you can always dream.
>>
Wheneemver Shane Carruth decides he's ready to take the big step into authordom, I guess.
>>
>>7673682
it will work better as a game desu
>>
>>7673728
>"pretty good"
Man, shut up. They aced the films.
>>
>>7673959
Itd basically be The Witcher but on Urth

Which can be ok or go horribly wrong
>>
>>7673989
It could have the general setting and characters and miss everything about the book which makes it great, but I could live with that.
>>
>>7673919
>impossible to adapt
Sounds like a project for Terry Gilliam.
>>
>>7673682
I'd watch Book of the New Sun and Peace movies provided that they were both directed by David Lynch.

If anybody could make them watchable it's the man behind Dune, Lost Highway and Mulholland Drive.
>>
>>7674015
Who is he?
>>
>>7674034

Ex member of Monty Python. Is incapable of making anything but box office failures that later become cult films.
>>
>>7673731
SEE, the greatest grandmother/grandson love story of all time!
>>
>>7674015
>>7674034
Now that I think about it, Terry Gilliam is potentially the only person who could ever make a movie version of BotNS and have it be both faithful to the source material and decent. Too bad no one in Hollywood will ever trust him with a eight-digit budget again.
>>
>>7673682
Not a big fan of sword and sorcery fantasy so is this a legit good series?

Between the memes and the shitposting its hard to tell nowadays.
>>
>>7675932
It's not really sword and sorcery, it's more of a surreal bildungsroman. There aren't a lot of action sequences, and it's very slow paced.
>>
>>7675932
Look, it's not great, as a narrative it has its issues, but it's unlike anything you've probably read before, and on those grounds alone it's worth it.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.