[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Books women will never understand.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: cp.png (435 KB, 417x640) Image search: [Google]
cp.png
435 KB, 417x640
Books women will never understand.
>>
None
>>
File: 1452529398361.jpg (3 MB, 1820x4348) Image search: [Google]
1452529398361.jpg
3 MB, 1820x4348
>>7672533
>>
>>7672571
>Bronte
>Woolf
>Homer
>not women
>>
All of them
>>
File: 31.jpg (102 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
102 KB, 650x650
Mind has no gender
>>
>>7672644
/thread
>>
>>7672575
subtle. 7/10
>>
Vargas Llosa - La ciudad y los perros
>>
Notes from the Underground
The Sun Also Rises
The Iliad

Basically anything about honor, strife, loneliness and courage against remarkable odds
>>
>>7672693
HEN
E
N

>>7672533
Odyssey
The sailor who fell from grace with the sea
The death of artemio Cruz
>>
File: dfw i don't think so.png (201 KB, 324x447) Image search: [Google]
dfw i don't think so.png
201 KB, 324x447
>>7672702
>Notes from the Underground
>>
>>7672702
>implying courage and honour aren't atavistic as of the current year
>>
the very fact that there aren't unironic "books men will never understand" threads or discussions about how the male biology relegates them to simple physical work proves that women understand a lot more than you do
>>
>>7672644
/thread
>>
>>7673188
people here have a hard time thinking of women outside of some kind of group/identity. They are never just another person, they always have to be "women"
>>
>>7673249
>>7673188
smells like mad roasty
>>
>>7673249
But they do tend to have herd mentality

Ewomen inherently have value because of their reproductive ability. Men have to prove their value in order to get access to reproduction.
A woman just needs to not fuck up and some man will come along, impregnate her, and give resources to her and her offspring. She's not playing to win - she's playing not to lose, and that means always going along with the crowd and never striking out on her own with a possibly foolish or unpopular choice.
Men in this equation need to provide resources to women in exchange for reproduction: food, money, status, protection, etc. A man who doesn't have these things to give needs to go get them, or else he winds up as a genetic dead end. A risky move that might pay off, or might result in ruin, is a worthwhile gamble in his position.
And that is why women need the crowd's approval much more than men do.
>But anon, that's bro-science! It's a just-so story!"
Maybe. It makes sense though, doesn't ? Most women throughout the history of species have left offspring. Most men have not.
http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/20/is-there-anything-good-about-men-and-other-tricky-questions/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=1
>>
>>7672666
HA!
>>
>>7673274
Just because an argument “makes sense” on its own terms doesn’t make it true. It’s awfully simplistic to reduce it to ‘proof: women have more kids’.
>>
File: Geschlechtundcharakter.jpg (7 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
Geschlechtundcharakter.jpg
7 KB, 200x300
>>
File: sappho_cm.jpg (36 KB, 368x700) Image search: [Google]
sappho_cm.jpg
36 KB, 368x700
>>7673274
>>7673524
also, lesbians
>>
>>7673188
>unironic
where do you think you are.jpg
>>
>>7673524
Okay, I'm seriously curious. What is it with women and needing "support groups" and "discussion groups" for everything?
Every time I see a woman in the slightest amount of trouble, whether physically or online, it's like some Sisterhood of the Bleeding Vaginas descends from on high to vociferously assert how much of a wonderful person she is, how "strong" and "empowered" she is, etc, etc.
And every time I see women in a group trying to make a decision, it's like they all have to come to a unanimous conclusion or the entire group is unable to act. It's like some ungodly parody of a democracy where decisions have to be constantly passed around and mulled over by an alphabet soup of committees before any action can be taken.
This differs hugely from my experience with groups of friends. When I'm with friends, if someone wants to do something on their own, they just come up with the idea on their own and go do it. If some people want to do one thing but another subgroup wants to do another, we just go our own ways and do our own things. Whereas with women, it's like the entire concept of "doing your own thing" is foreign and bizarre.
I also see it a lot in pop culture. Women just seem to want to directly emulate whichever person is "on top" of the popularity food chain at the moment. Whereas a man might see another man doing something amazing and decide that they want to be like that person or do the same general thing (such as getting into a hobby because they saw a figure they respect doing it, but at the same time doing the hobby in their own way or branching out and trying something new themselves), it's like every woman wants to become a copy-pasted version of the Popular Person of the Week.
I also see it in popular websites/forums. Mens' sites seem to revolve around exposing yourself to new ideas, teaching yourself new things, and most importantly, improving yourself. Womens' sites (i.e. Tumblr, HuffPo, feminist sites like the Mary Sue, etc) tend to either wall you off into a hugbox (such as Tumblr's tendency to isolate you from any posts which you may disagree with) or focus on repeating "You are strong! You are empowered! You are independent! You don't need anyone's validation although you do need to be told all of this repeatedly by a popular website so you'll believe it! You shouldn't have to improve yourself! You go girl!" (all the feminist sites).
Then I saw this study:
http://www.thisisreallyinteresting.com/women-are-dumbed-down-by-group-think/
Why is this the case? Have I missed some leap in human evolution where all women evolved a female hive mind or something?
>>
>>7673567
I don't know how accurate your general assessment is but holy shit is it relevant when it comes to moving in with a woman. Everything is a team activity suddenly.
>>
>>7673249
Inherent in teenage and YA males, perfectly normal. Everything in life needs to be listed, tiered, discussed and then put into its place by them, they are still examining life and the world and this makes it easier. Think of sorting a set of objects by putting them into basic groups before giving them more thought and you have all young males. Women are scary to many and so instead of investigating them they are put into a category together and then many reasons are invented (world view self confirmation, another teen/YA trait) for them being there and not being investigated further (I have high standards, women are stupid, women are boring, women are unable to understand me, etc). However you grow out of this and become a man, this is again normal but takes different amounts of time for different people. It takes many years to realise you cant categorise people easily and its all a bit fuzzy really in the end, but until then its easier to do so. Your brain needs to have a lot of changes in its makeup and chemistry, plus a whole shitload of life needs to be taken on board and examined before anyone can do otherwise.

The worst bit is that the bits you need to realise all this are the last to develop.
>>
>>7673567
Look up oxytocin (not to be confused with oxycontin) and the tend-and-befriend evolutionary response in women. The link to groupthink is actually pretty interesting, though, never thought of that.
>>
>>7672644
/thread
>>
>>7673567
Most people are dumbed down by group think, that's literally the main effect of group think.
>>
>>7673567
It’s pretty impossible to respond to your post because it’s 99% personal anecdote.

I can say I’m a woman, I don’t have a ‘support group’, and I disagree with my friends a lot. That’s as valid an argument for how women behave as you’ve given (not very).

You point to tumblr as if you haven’t seen reddit. Seriously, if you think Tumblr is singled minded and female, look at its male-dominated cousin.
>>
The Stranger
>>
>>7672533
>Books women will never understand.

This used to be posted on /r9k/
>>
>>7673868
>I'm a woman
wew
>>
I think you meant to say
>books atheists will never understand
>>
Holy shit is everyone here a psychology major? Not even like an insult but this is like some hardcore discussing going on with lots of super interesting psychoanalyzing. Aside from the topic, are their any good psychology-ish books you guys reccomend?
>>
Iliad
I got kicked out of a history class because my teacher (a women) said we were going to analyze a historical book, and she choose the Iliad. I said that she should probably choose a different book as women are unable to understand it and we got into a fight and I got kicked out.
Fucking women
>>
>>7674079
Everyone must have thought you were really cool.
>>
>>7673274
>Men have to prove their value in order to get access to reproduction.

Note that getting laid is real fucking easy unless there's something wrong with you as a person.
>>
>>7672702
I know it's all shit in a shit thread on a shit board so take all the following with as much irony as you posted your own reply, but do people actually believe every woman has life handed to them by every man in their environment, to the point where they can't even begin to comprehend loneliness? Really? You are willing to delude yourself this much? Why do you even bother reading if you're this thick to begin with?
>>
>>7674137
Easier to conclude that women are stupid and shallow than to realise there might be reasons they don’t like him.
>>
>>7674137
Here's the writings of some girl.
>going to overshare very quickly……… Being cute and having people be attracted to me has literally ruined my social life and pitted people I’ve tried to befriend against each other and torn other people’s friendships apart and I literally watched an entire friend group fight each other because of me now I literally have a reputation of attracting chaos and drama and the only people I met and befriended in college are avoiding me and brushing me off and want nothing to do with me because I stirred them up because three or four of them wanted to date me. I want to cry having a lot of people have crushes on you irl isn’t in anyway gratifying or ego boosting at all I feel like I’m being scrutinized at all times and I can’t be friends with men because they either 1. Want to get with me or 2. feel very uncomfortable around me and I can’t be friends with any of the girls I know because I make them uncomfortable and it is very isolating. I feel like I’m only allowed to have a significant other/someone I’m involved with and no friends. Everyone treats me like Ann object and its deeply unsettling and disturbing to me and I sincerely want to die. Being flashy and flamboyantly dressed makes me feel better about myself but the attention it draws is not worth it. I think I want to abandon my fashion sense and stop taking care myself even more so. I also plan on shaving my head. When I self harmed I literally did it to make myself cringe worthy and repulsive amongst other reasons. On top of all this interpersonal drama I am at an all time mental low and literally just had a suicide attempt and hospitalization a month ago and already I’m slipping back into the same habits and gradually feeling worse and more hopeless. I do want a significant other(s) but I don’t want to cause any more trouble than I already have. I’ve already quit school and stopped talking to all but one person in the friend group I was only kind of in and I’m not close with them yet and we’re still kind of awkward around each other.

So very odd. It looks kindof insane desu, but they're actually cute-- so, I don't know.
>>
>>7672571
im so proud and happy to see 2 books of Dostoevskiy in first line. thank you, guys.
>>
>>7674132
;_;
>>
Only ugly women understand loneliness, anyone can understand feelings of isolation. Two distinct concepts.
>>
>>7674302
Men can't experience loneliness? That's ridiculous.
>>
>>7675064
The emphasis there is on ugly.
>>
my diary, desu
>>
>>7674219
I'm not saying being attractive doesn't have problems, but everything that person is going through might be caused by completely separate things than what's she's talking about, and being the good human she is she found a pattern and called it the one source of her pain.
>>
>>7673915
The fire is rising.
>>
>>7675071
So. What about ugly guys who don't make a lot of money?

An ugly woman can still get a guy even if she has a shitty job.
>>
>>7674137
Categorically speaking, women have it easier
This doesn't mean they will never experience loneliness
But they have it a million times easier
>>
File: 1409349114350.jpg (111 KB, 860x826) Image search: [Google]
1409349114350.jpg
111 KB, 860x826
>>7672702
fuck you dude, I just finished NfU and it was incredible

(and pathetically relatable, in ways, which is torturing me)
>>
>>7675914
It's true. If a lonely guy even just needs a hug he's looked at as either creepy or a loser. Told to man up or improve himself so a woman will want to hug him.

Women, even if they're unattractive can usually get a hug no questions asked. And I'm just taking about a hug here, no sex, no kissing.

You don't have to be a beta virgin to feel like this sometimes.
>>
>>7675775
Are you dumb? My point was that good looking women don't understand loneliness. Jesus fucking Christ.
>>
>>7676000
Then say that next time you fucking muppet.
>>
>>7674137
Yes, they are incapable of comprehending loneliness unless they are disabled or otherwise "othered" by unusual ugliness.

Even an objectively unattractive woman can instantly attain attention and affection with no effort whatsoever.
>>
>>7676048
I did though. My post clearly indicates that it is only ugly women who experience loneliness. Your reading comprehension is just dreadful.
>>
>>7675995
>If a lonely guy even just needs a hug he's looked at as either creepy or a loser.

I have a few female friends and i get hugs whenever i want or need(which is rare). But nobody has ever called me a faggot. On the contrary i always get warm hugs from them as a greeting since they see me as a comfortable protective platonic male ally.

And Yes, i have thoughts of fucking them, all the time.

Make of that what you will.
>>
>>7676218
>I have a few female friends
This post isn't about you then.
>>
>>7672533

american psycho
the old man and the sea

by the way, if you're still having arguments about how women "have it easy" more so than men

>in 2016

then you need to reassess your life
>>
>>7676228
Why? You think having friends means you cannot be lonely?

inb4 normie get out
>>
>>7676195
By saying "only ugly women" you're implying that ugly men can't be lonely either. Next time make it clear you're only comparing them to other women dummy.
>>
>>7674137
>every woman has life handed to them by every man in their environment
In the first world, yes.
>>
>>7676218
When I had close female friends I'd get hugs too. Life changes though and I'm away from most of my friends atm. It's funny how you can lose a sense of self when you're not close to those who keep you grounded.
>>
File: 1443915314278.jpg (38 KB, 440x295) Image search: [Google]
1443915314278.jpg
38 KB, 440x295
>>7675930
>relatable
Next you're going to say you identify with Houellebecq
>>
>>7676244
>Why? You think having sex means you cannot be a virgin?
>>
I tend to think most books would be better if they were written by a woman. Women have been forced by society to take on all the emotional labor, which has left a huge gap between women and the emotionally illiterate men we see everywhere today. Essentially men are unable to empathize, which makes them both bad readers and bad writers.
>>
>>7676337
Emotionally illiterate men make the most interesting ones, though.
Take a look at how entertaining is reading Rodger sperging out, Stacy Chronicles wouldn't be nearly as interesting.
>>
>>7676337
>Essentially men are unable to empathize
>funnybaitpicture.jpeg
>>
>>7672571
Things /lit/ will never understand: women.
>>
>>7676337
Who's forcing women to do anything?
Stay at home= Great mother!
Get a career= You go girl!

Men on the other hand have no fucking choice. Get a job that pays enough to support a family or be a fucking recluse the rest of your life.

I agree with the empathy part but maybe men would have more of it if they ever felt appreciated.
>>
>>7676361
women don't understand women either. and men generally don't understand men. if there anything to take from all the talk of gender that's become trendy in the past few years, it's that no one knows anything but they're all pretending they're an expert.
>>
>>7676361
Men understand women a hell of a lot better than women do. The cognitive dissonance going on in the average woman's mind is astounding.
>>
>>7674194
>Easier to conclude that women are stupid and shallow than to realise there might be reasons they don’t like him.

>>7674137
Was gonna say this, but the anon said it first.
I'm just a shitty, unlikable, and pessimistic person who bums people out with his self-pity and narcissistic obsession with finding someone to love him.
>>
men Women will never date: All the ones ITT
>>
ITT: FEMINIST BAIT
>>
>>7676310
this is an incorrect comparison
>>
>>7676284
That is quite clear in the context of the thread.
>>
>>7672702
>The Sun Also Rises
This.And pretty much anything by Hemingway for that matter.
How can I relate to someone who's getting depressed because they can't get it up?
>>
>>7677666
>w-well, you'll never get laid!
>>
>>7677666
/thread
>>
>>7679777
Wait, fuck, now I'm one of them too.
>>
Ironic because my wife actually reads more than I do
>>
>>7672644
/thread
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.