[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Always get tired when readin
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Tired-and-bored-boy-sleep-014.jpg (50 KB, 630x351) Image search: [Google]
Tired-and-bored-boy-sleep-014.jpg
50 KB, 630x351
Whenever I start to read I always feel tired and start yawning, and I never stop. I could wake up from a good 10 hour sleep and pick up a good book and I still keep yawning. It's not even that I find what I'm reading boring, it could be something I really like and it's still the same.

What is wrong with me and any tips to combat this problem?
>>
>>7670022

Take short breaks. Smoke a cig, drink some water, take a piss.

I can't think of anything else.
>>
>>7670022
Go outside to freshen up.
>>
>>7670022
focus on breathing properly, you won't yawn then
>>
>>7670022
Same thing happens to me. After no more than ten pages the yawning starts. Sure, there's the chance that you (as I) are an idiot, so let's just get that out of the way. What I do is I push on through and if the book is good, I soon get over that mushy brain state. If I don't and it happens three or four times on the same book, it's time to admit one of us is too good for the other.
>>
>>7670022
You're still tired. Reading is good sign of mental fatigue. Your mind hardly does any work while watching tv, and it's running on adrenaline while playing games. When reading fatigue shows itself fully.

There's only two way around it, sleep and caffeine.
>>
>>7670081
>eatting well, sleep and water
Fixed it for you.
>>
do you read in bed? do you read before bed?
if you so might unconsciously associate reading with sleeping.
i had an english teacher ban the class from reading in bed one year.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.