[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this -- what does /lit/ think? personally i really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: OnTheRoad.jpg (19 KB, 247x413) Image search: [Google]
OnTheRoad.jpg
19 KB, 247x413
Just finished this -- what does /lit/ think?

personally i really enjoyed it, really got into the musical scenes, and dean is an absolute madman
>>
I liked parts of it but was sick of them by the end. Particularly Dean.

Liked the bit about the Mexican girl. The hitched ride with the Okies who never stopped and the visit down to old Bull Lee or whatever he called Burroughs. Also liked that wife murdering junkie pedo Burroughs tried to warn Kerouac that Dean/Cassady was of low moral character.
>>
>>7668648
Definitely did drag on a bit, but I thought the final trip down to mexico was one of the highlights, especially the whorehouse

What other beat-era novels are worth reading?
>>
>>7668589

Didn't particularly enjoy it in high school until an older (Prankster) friend of mine remarked how miserable Neal was during the whole thing and thereafter. Since then I somewhat appreciate the work.
>>
>>7668881
You must read Dharma Bums and Big Sur in that order.
>>
It was a well typed story.
>>
>>7668589
I enjoyed it. I liked the hectic party/boozing scenes , they were consistently exciting for me. I liked the fast pace, and how well the book lends itself to fast reading.
>>
File: capote-laughing.jpg (79 KB, 207x492) Image search: [Google]
capote-laughing.jpg
79 KB, 207x492
>>7669229
zing
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.